A Chinese Han Dynasty unglazed terracotta jar, 'Hu,' that has been mounted as a table lamp. Unglazed pottery like this dates to the Han dynasty (206 BC-220 AD). The vase has a beautiful gray patina and has an elongated belly-shape with incised rings around the top and belly. The electrical cable is installed at the base of the lamp pole, so not to damage the jar. Wired for use in the U.S. The lampshade is handmade in Belgium of fine linen and has a high quality, gold foil inner lining. The lining prevents light from showing through the shade and casts a warm light. The vase dimensions are 12.25 in. high x 8.38 in. diameter.
- Of the Period
- Place of origin
- Date of manufacture206 BC-220 AD
- Materials and techniques
- ConditionExcellent. Excellent condition. We certify the authenticity of this piece and can provide the thermoluminescence analysis report at an additional cost..
H 18.25 in. x W 18 in. x D 18 in.
H 46.36 cm x W 45.72 cm x D 45.72 cm
- Seller locationWichita, KS
- Seller reference number1591
- Reference numberLU97956534163
Shipping, Returns & Payment
About the Seller
1stdibs seller since 2013
Typical response time: 1 hr
Located in Wichita, KS
You may also contact the seller by phone
Why Shop on 1stdibs?
Only Vetted, Professional Sellers
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Fully Insured Global Deliveries
More From This Seller
You May Also Like