Items Similar to Powder Horn, Horn, Metal, Etc., Spain, 1937
- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
1 of 5
Powder Horn, Horn, Metal, Etc., Spain, 1937
Dusting carved horn, metal. With registration and date. Spain, 1937. Container to store gunpowder formed from an animal horn (very possibly cattle) to which the tip has been cut and covered this area (with metal tacks), and equipped with some pieces to be able to carry it hanging on a cord or rope. It has been decorated, outside, with a carved composition, based on vegetal, geometric and zoomorphic elements (monsters, animals, human figure), under the inscription (“BIBA MIA / MO ANDRES Hernandez”) dated 1937." • Size: 8 x 20 x 8 cms.
- DimensionsHeight: 3.15 in. (8 cm)Width: 3.15 in. (8 cm)Depth: 7.88 in. (20 cm)
- StyleOther (Of the Period)
- Materials and Techniques
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacture1937
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use. Minor losses. Minor fading.
- Seller LocationMadrid, ES
- Reference NumberSeller: ZE2651stDibs: LU2951317527461
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexity. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Customs Duties & Taxes May Apply.Ships From: Madrid, Spain
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About the Seller
Located in Madrid, Spain
5 / 5
These experienced sellers undergo a comprehensive evaluation by our team of in-house experts.
Established in 1985
1stDibs seller since 2017
169 sales on 1stDibs
Typical response time: 2 hours
More From This Seller
- Located in Madrid, ESChild Jesus. Polychrome wood, giltwood, textile, metal, etc., Spain, 19th century Baby Jesus dressed in carved ...Category
Antique 19th Century Spanish Neoclassical Religious ItemsMaterials
- Located in Madrid, ESWashing machine in metal with electric motor which would drive a circular container (which moves the clothes, a ...Category
20th Century European Other Historical MemorabiliaMaterials
- By Spanish SchoolLocated in Madrid, ESVenera reliquary or devotional Eucharistic medallion, 17th century. Rectangular devotional medallion composed ...Category
Antique 17th Century Spanish Baroque Religious ItemsMaterials
- Located in Madrid, ESRectangular mahogany table with eight legs ending in small metal wheels. It has a system of "endless screw" unde...Category
Vintage 1930s English Other Dining Room TablesMaterials
You May Also Like
19th Century Scrimshaw Spanish Powder Horn
Located in London, GB
19th century Scrimshaw Spanish powder horn We are proud to offer an early 19th century Spanish scrimshaw gun powder horn made from bull horn. Covered in some lovely naïve folk-art m...
Antique 1840s Spanish Folk Art Sculptures and Carvings
Large Scrimshawed Powder Horn
Located in Stamford, CT
Gun powder horn composed of cow horn scrimshawed with motifs such as Scottish highlanders, ships, female figures, and floral trim, circa 1800s-1830s. Made in Scotland. Please note of...
Antique 19th Century Scottish Historical Memorabilia
Early Buffalo Horn Powder Flask
Located in Washington Crossing, PA
Early buffalo horn powder flask.
Antique 19th Century Arms, Armor and Weapons
Decorative Spanish Metal Sword
Located in Los Angeles, CA
Decorative Spanish metal sword. Feature an occult motif handle of skulls and serpents. Made in Spain.
20th Century Spanish Arms, Armor and Weapons
Paris 1937 -- Exposition Internationale
By Eugene Beaudoin and Marcel Lods
Located in London, GB
Original French poster for the Exposition International in Paris, 1937. This award-winning Art Deco design was created by Eugene Beaudoin (1898-1983) and Marcel Lods (1891-1978). Th...
Vintage 1930s French Art Deco Posters
1940s Spanish Children's Metal Toy Rocking Horse
Located in Malaga, ES
Vintage 1940s Spanish children's metal toy rocking horse.
Mid-20th Century Spanish Toys and Dolls
Trio Streamline Patented Industrial Design Autographic Registers by Teague, Etc.
By John Q Sherman, Walter Dorwin Teague
Located in Dallas, TX
Early patented machine age re-designs of common commercial objects by the masters: John Q. Sherman, 1938, for Standard Register Co. rare streamline aluminum "Protect-O-Form&...
Vintage 1930s American Art Deco Scientific Instruments
Model A Copper Horn
Located in Cookeville, TN
This is a slender copper horn from an antique model a car. It includes the mounting bracket. The piece has a beautiful aged patina. It does not include the bulb at the end to make th...
Mid-20th Century American American Classical Sports Equipment and Memora...
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery