Items Similar to Wedding Ceremonies Ethnic Symbols, Costume and Rituals by Gianni Baldezzoni
- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
1 of 19
Wedding Ceremonies Ethnic Symbols, Costume and Rituals by Gianni Baldezzoni
Wedding Ceremonies: Ethnic Symbols, Costume and Rituals by Gianni Baldezzoni. Wedding Ceremonies: Symbols, Costume and Rituals is a glorious visual celebration of the symbolism of marriage the world over. The authors have traveled the world for two decades visiting dozens of the worlds most remote and isolated groups, attending marriages held high in the Himalayas and under acacias in the Sahara. Chapter by chapter, the text and stunning photographs explore the traditional rituals and customs that accompany wedding ceremonies across the world. These wedding ceremonies often last for several days, and involve the whole Community in elaborate preparation, rites, and celebrations. The bride and groom wear sumptuous wedding garments, accessories, and decorations, made of the rarest and most precious materials, each of which has a powerful symbolic value. These rituals are a fundamental rite of passage and a vital part of Community life: a chance to strengthen ties with other villages, to plan new alliances, and, above all, to renew the traditions that make up a unique cultural heritage much of which is on the brink of disappearing forever. This is a beautiful coffee table or library book.
- DimensionsHeight: 13 in. (33.02 cm)Width: 10 in. (25.4 cm)Depth: 1 in. (2.54 cm)
- StyleAgra (In the Style Of)
- Materials and Techniques
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacture2000
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use.
- Seller LocationNorth Hollywood, CA
- Reference NumberSeller: BVL201stDibs: LU906821972992
Shipping & Returns
- Shipping$110 Standard Shippingto anywhere in the world, arrives in 3-5 weeks. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Delivered by a parcel delivery service such as UPS, FedEx, or DHL.Ships From: North Hollywood, CA
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About the Seller
Located in North Hollywood, CA
4.9 / 5
These expertly vetted sellers are 1stDibs' most experienced sellers and are rated highest by our customers.
Established in 1999
1stDibs seller since 2011
1,137 sales on 1stDibs
Typical response time: <1 hour
More From This Seller
- Located in North Hollywood, CAMud, Mirror and Thread: Folk Traditions of Rural India Book by Nora Fisher This book celebrates the diversity ...Category
Late 20th Century Indian Agra BooksMaterials
PaperH 12 in. W 9 in. D 1 in.$85
- Located in North Hollywood, CACeremonial wedding ethnic Mongolian head dress and necklace mounted on stand The headdress is shaped somewhat li...Category
Early 20th Century East Asian Tribal Collectible JewelryMaterials
TextileH 27 in. Dm 7 in.$1,850
- By RajhastaniLocated in North Hollywood, CAEthnic Indian decorative jewelry box with brass design. Original beautiful Kerala Netturpetti jewellery box. h...Category
Early 20th Century Indian Agra Decorative BoxesMaterials
BrassH 5 in. W 9 in. D 7 in.$1,850
- By Asian StyleLocated in North Hollywood, CAAsian opium pipe box holder with a peacock head filigree art work designs, and in the form of an Veena Indian st...Category
Mid-20th Century Indian Chinoiserie Tobacco AccessoriesMaterials
Silver PlateH 2.5 in. W 7.5 in. D 3 in.$520 Sale Price20% Off
- Located in North Hollywood, CAThe age of Sultan Su¨leyman the Magnificent Book by Esin Atil National Gallery of Art, 1987 - Art ottoman - Exp...Category
Late 20th Century Turkish Islamic BooksMaterials
PaperH 12 in. W 10 in. D 1 in.$150
You May Also Like
Antique Asian Brass and Horn Gong
Located in Bridgeport, CT
A fine older Asian gong with good traditional form. Double cow horns form the support for the hollow hammered brass gong. The horns are mounted with brass beaded scrolls on the tips ...
Antique Late 19th Century Asian Tang Musical Instruments
Nepalese Sterling Silver and Onyx Dragon Bracelet
Located in Hamilton, Ontario
Nepalese sterling silver and onyx dragon bracelet. Weight: 90 grams.
Mid-20th Century Nepalese More Asian Art, Objects and Furniture
19th Century Steel and Sterling Silver Malaysian Dagger
Located in Miami, FL
19th century sterling silver Malaysian Dagger. Original carved mahogany wood handle. Sterting silver carved crown. Damascene steel. The kris is an asymmetrical dagger with distincti...
Antique 15th Century and Earlier Malaysian Arms, Armor and Weapons
$1,760 Sale Price
Burmese Wood, Bone and Brass Tobacco Pipe, Late 19th Century
Located in New York, NY
A large tobacco pipe from old Burma (Myanmar), circa 1850. Solid wood bowl, chamber and shank. The stem is made of bone, attached to the shank by a mortise in solid brass, and a lip ...
Antique 1850s Burmese Other Tobacco Accessories
Large Chinese Lacquered and Gilt Wooden Model of a Pagoda or Pavilion
Located in Austin, TX
A large two-tiered hexagonal Chinese architectural model of a pagoda or pavilion, Qing Dynasty, late 19th century. The bottom tier with columns surrounded by writhing dragons that h...
Antique Late 19th Century Chinese Qing Architectural Models
Anglo-Indian Silver Belt Buckle with Red and Black Belts
Located in Hamilton, Ontario
This is a highly ornate and decorative old Anglo-Indian silver belt buckle with red and black ribbon belts. It dates to the early 20th century and is made up of three separate secti...
Early 20th Century Indian Anglo-Indian Collectible Jewelry
$795 Sale Price
Tea Ceremony Charcoal Basket, Japanese Sumi Kago
Located in Point Richmond, CA
Tea ceremony woven round bamboo basket with handle used for storing charcoal. The inside lining is lacquered. Comes with signed tomobako by artist Tokyusai. His signature is also on...
20th Century Japanese Folk Art More Asian Art, Objects and Furniture
Traditional 19th Century Thai Daab Iron and Wood Sword with Original Scabbard
Located in Yonkers, NY
An antique handmade Thai Daab iron and wood sword from the 19th century, with its original scabbard. Born in Thailand during the 19th century, this traditional sword features a gentl...
Antique 19th Century Thai More Asian Art, Objects and Furniture
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery
More Ways To Browse
Pair Of Bronze Wall Sconces
Abstract Prints Original
19th C Hall Console
Period French Furniture
Antique 3 Carat
3 Stone Diamond Platinum Ring
5 Stone Platinum Diamond Ring
Sapphire 18k Necklaces
Pearl Diamond Gold Ring