A pair of French Louis XVI style oval back painted wood upholstered bergeres chairs from the 1920s-1930s. This pair of French bergeres chairs have an upholstered oval back topped with a rose and ribbon carving. The scrolled arms have partial upholstery and acanthus leaves motifs. The knees are decorated with rosettes and the skirt is adorned with a nicely carved molding. The chairs are raised on four tapered and fluted legs. The chairs have their old paint. The general color is more of a grey green with darker accents where the knuckles are, due to aging / use.
- In the Style Of
- Place of origin
- Date of manufacturecirca 1920-1930
- Materials and techniques
- ConditionGood. Good overall condition with aging and wear. There have been repairs, notably on the arms. Some losses to the old paint. Please look at the various photos..
- WearWear consistent with age and use. Minor losses.
H 38.25 in. x W 24.5 in. x D 26 in.
H 97.16 cm x W 62.23 cm x D 66.04 cm
- Seat height18 in. (45.72 cm)
- Seller locationAtlanta, GA
- Seller reference numberchair#266
- Sold AsSet of 2
- Reference number091210876497
About the Seller
1stdibs seller since 2009
Typical response time: 1 hr
Located in Atlanta, GA
You may also contact the seller by phone
Why Shop on 1stdibs?
Only Vetted, Professional Sellers
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Fully Insured Global Deliveries
More From This Seller
You May Also Like