Items Similar to Napoleon III Style Giltwood Rope-Twist Armchair and Ottoman
- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
1 of 10
Napoleon III Style Giltwood Rope-Twist Armchair and Ottoman
Giltwood rope-twist armchair and ottoman made in Italy in the manner of A.M.E Fournier, Napoleon III Style. Both feature solid carved giltwood frames, upholstered in leopard print. This seat is perched atop hearty knots of rope and evokes the true definition of royalty. Chair size: 30 in. H x 26.5 in. W x 27.5 in. D. Ottoman size: 18 in. H x 27 in. W x 26 in. D. The illusion of twisted and knotted rope is often associated with the work of the Parisian upholsterer A. M. E. Fournier, who worked at the Boulevard Beaumarchais, from 1850 on wards. It is indicative of the mid-19th century’s flair for novelty, while the stool’s curvilinear outline is characteristic of the Rococo Revival; the voluminous tufted upholstery was complementary to the Popular Style. Fournier was famed for his exceptional upholstered pieces, but his most famous creation was this wonderfully naturalistic rope twist stool, which was as highly sought after in period as it is today.
- DimensionsHeight: 30 in. (76.2 cm)Width: 26.5 in. (67.31 cm)Depth: 27.5 in. (69.85 cm)Seat Height: 18 in. (45.72 cm)
- Sold AsSet of 2
- StyleHollywood Regency (In the Style Of)
- Materials and Techniques
- Place of Origin
- Date of ManufactureMid-20th Century
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use. Very good vintage condition being structurally sound with age appropriate signs of normal use as pictured. Overall very nice.
- Seller LocationDallas, TX
- Reference Number1stDibs: LU4528216854782
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingShips From: Dallas, TX
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About the Seller
Located in Dallas, TX
These experienced sellers undergo a comprehensive evaluation by our team of in-house experts.
Established in 2009
1stDibs seller since 2019
191 sales on 1stDibs
Typical response time: 2 hours
More From This Seller
- Vintage Jaymar Sculptural Chairs After Louis Durot & Pierre PaulinBy JaymarLocated in Dallas, TXDesigned after the works of Louis Durot and Pierre Paulin. The iconic cantilevered style made these Jaymar "Tongue" chairs one of the stars of the late 20th Century. The timeless cha...Category
Late 20th Century Canadian Modern Lounge ChairsMaterials
- Midcentury Pair of Barrel Back Swivel Chairs by Milo BaughmanLocated in Dallas, TXHandsome pair of very unusual swivel chairs designed by Milo Baughman, circa 1960s. Completely restored, newly upholstered in a stunning yellow fabric and resting on high ebonized ba...Category
Vintage 1960s American Mid-Century Modern Swivel ChairsMaterials
- Stunning Pair of Jay Spectre "Eclipse" Chairs in Black LeatherBy Jay SpectreLocated in Dallas, TXSumptuous and sleek pair of "Eclipse" club chairs by New York-based designer Jay Spectre for Century Furniture Company. These have been freshly refinished and reupholstered. Thick b...Category
Vintage 1980s American Mid-Century Modern Lounge ChairsMaterials
- Louis XVI Style Black Lacquered Commode in the Manner of Maison JansenLocated in Dallas, TXThis is a stunning and decorative French Directoire style dresser or credenza in the manner of Maison Jansen. This chest sits on gilt trimmed sluted and tapered legs ending in brass ...Category
Vintage 1950s American Hollywood Regency Commodes and Chests of DrawersMaterials
- Set of Three Italian Venetian Grotto Shell Back Swivel Bar StoolsLocated in Dallas, TXThree elegant Italian Venetian Grotto shell back swivel bar stools. Each chair was handmade with extra attention and features solid wood frames in a warm brown satin, scalloped shell...Category
Vintage 1950s Italian Hollywood Regency StoolsMaterials
- Minimalist Brueton Polished Stainless Steel and Granite Coffee TableBy BruetonLocated in Dallas, TXExceptional Brueton quality! Simple design this circular PBLR table constructed of mirror like finish stainless steel flat apron, square legs welded, ground and polished into a seaml...Category
Vintage 1970s American Mid-Century Modern Side TablesMaterials
You May Also Like
Sculpted Italian Style Lounge Chair and Ottoman
Located in Denton, TX
Solid sculpted mahogany with original hand tied springs and point joinery. Olive green velvet. Chair dimensions 32.25" deep by 35" tall by 24.25" wide and the seat height 18.75" ...
20th Century Modern Lounge Chairs
$2,800 Sale Price / set
Italian Modern Mahogany and Brass Reclining Armchair and Ottoman, Dassi
By Vittorio Dassi
Located in Hollywood, FL
The high back with flat, canted arms with brass trim, on splayed tapering legs. Reclines in several positions and is very comfortable- Ottoman - Measures: 24" L x 22" W x 15 H.
Vintage 1950s Italian Mid-Century Modern Lounge Chairs
Hollywood Regency Willy Rizzo Lounge Chair and Ottoman with Brass Frame
By Willy Rizzo
Located in Antwerp, BE
Mid-Century Modern geometrical shaped lounge chair and ottoman by Willy Rizzo, Italy, 1970s. The square tubular frame in brass keeps the cushion in place that still holds their or...
Vintage 1970s French Hollywood Regency Lounge Chairs
Hans Wegner Ox Chair and Ottoman
By Hans J. Wegner
Located in Los Angeles, CA
Hans Wegner Ox Chair and Ottoman manufactured by A.P. Stolen, 1960's
Vintage 1960s Danish Lounge Chairs
Price Upon Request
Napoleon III Style Chairs in Emerald Sheepskin on Gilt Rope & Tassel Frames
By Napoléon III
Located in Saint Louis, MO
Unapologetically upscale and glamorous pair of gilt rope and tassel Napoleon III style chairs freshly upholstered in hand sewn emerald sheepskin. French. Chic. Such a killer combo. L...
Vintage 1970s American Hollywood Regency Armchairs
Sheepskin, Giltwood, Upholstery
Lovely Pair of Napoleon III Style Gilded Rope & Tassel Chairs Hollywood Regency
By A.M.E Fournier
Located in Pemberton, NJ
Lovely pair of 1960s Hollywood Regency barrel back armchairs with carved wood rope and tassel motif. Chair size: 28.5 in. H x 26.5 in. W x 27.5 in. D.
Vintage 1960s Italian Hollywood Regency Lounge Chairs
Substantial Midcentury Dowel Lounge Chair and Ottoman
Located in West Palm Beach, FL
Substantial midcentury dowel lounge chair and ottoman, in carved beechwood, with canvas upholstery, ready for reupholstery in your choice of fabric. Measures: Chair 36" D x 33" W x ...
20th Century American Mid-Century Modern Lounge Chairs
Baker Furniture Upholstered Lounge Chair and Ottoman
By Baker Furniture Company
Located in South Bend, IN
A gorgeous upholstered club chair or lounge chair with ottoman By Baker Furniture USA, Circa 1980s Measures: Chair - 38"W x 41.5"D x 38.5"H. Seat height 19"; arm height 23....
Late 20th Century American Modern Lounge Chairs
Ficks Reed Bamboo Lounge Chair and Ottoman
By Ficks Reed
Located in Copake Falls, NY
A Bamboo lounge chair and ottoman made by Ficks Reed. The square frame in double bamboo is secured with rattan wrapping at the joins, sides are decorated with a diamond rattan lattic...
Late 20th Century Lounge Chairs
Faux Leather, Bamboo, Rattan
$1,895 / set
Jay Spectre Studio Club Chair and Ottoman
By Jay Spectre
Located in Chicago, IL
Lounge or club chair, with matching ottoman, from Jay Spectre's Studio collection. Modern deco design and clean lined minimal styling. Chair and ottoman are upholstered in a wool fab...
Late 20th Century American Club Chairs
Linen, Wood, Upholstery
$4,750 / set