Items Similar to Italian Renaissance Revival Sgabello Chair, circa 1870 View More
Italian Renaissance Revival Sgabello Chair, circa 1870
A fine Italian 19th century heavily carved Sgabello side chair. The entire front surface is hand carved and is beautifully sculpted. These hall chairs were placed against the wall and subsequently didn’t need to be decorated on the back. In the entrance halls of Italian Palazzos they were always an eyecatcher. They demonstrate the wealth and importance of their owners and their families. The condition is very good with a few scuffs which is common with use. Size: H 39” x W 15” x D 19”. Weight: 15 lb.
- In the Style Of
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacturecirca 1870
- Materials and Techniques
- Condition DetailsThe condition is very good with a few scuffs which is common with use. Repaired crack on the base (pictured).
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
- DimensionsH 39 in. x W 15 in. x D 19 in.H 99.06 cm x W 38.1 cm x D 48.26 cm
- Seat Height20 in. (50.8 cm)
- Seller LocationPoughkeepsie, NY
- Reference NumberLU3915313619672
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexityShipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item can be returned within 14 days of delivery.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
5 / 5
1stdibs seller since 2018
Located in Poughkeepsie, NY
More From This Seller
Set of Four Midcentury Arne Hovmand Olsen Danis...
Mid-20th Century Danish Mid-Century Modern Side Chairs
This is a pair of armchairs and a pair of side chairs in teak wood made by Arne Hovmand Olsen, Denmark circa 1950. They are classic and hard to find. Every chair has the original Hov...
Victorian English Bib Necklace Garnets with Pea...
Antique 19th Century English Victorian Collectible Jewelry
This regal necklace features 47 cut and polished deep red garnets. The entire bib is worked in silver gilt. Each linked piece is topped with a glowing bevel set garnet all the way ar...
Venetian Renaissance Style Cassetta Picture Fra...
20th Century American Renaissance Picture Frames
Robert M. Kulicke, the renowned New York Framemaker, created this beautiful Venetian Renaissance style frame. This hand carved cassetta frame is parcel-gilt with a sgraffito border a...
Large German Hutschenreuther Hand Painted Porcelain Plaque Head of Christ
Large German Hutschenreuther Hand Painted Porce...
Early 20th Century German Renaissance Revival Paintings
This is a superb portrait of Christ. It is hand painted in extraordinary quality with polychrome enamel on an oval porcelain plaque after the original painting -Head of Christ- by th...