Items Similar to Antique American Empire Rosewood Dental / Medical Cabinet, circa 1820
- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
1 of 14
Antique American Empire Rosewood Dental / Medical Cabinet, circa 1820
Antique American Empire rosewood dental / medical cabinet, circa 1820. This incredibly rare cabinet, in two section, made of figured rosewood throughout and having a neoclassical pediment to the top. Below the pediment is a cabinet with 34 drawers and three doors with Gothic tracery. The central door concealing a cast iron lever that operates the locking system for the two smaller flanking doors. The base having an inset tooled and gilded leather surface, the top drawer of the base cabinet having a fitted interior. There are a further 18 drawers below, to the center a pair of corresponding Gothic tracery doors, and the cabinet raised on bracket feet. The cabinet originally from the mid-Atlantic states, possibly from New York or Baltimore, and was almost certainly a commission for a person of substance.
- DimensionsHeight: 71 in. (180.34 cm)Width: 45.5 in. (115.57 cm)Depth: 25 in. (63.5 cm)
- StyleAmerican Empire (Of the Period)
- Materials and Techniques
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacturecirca 1820
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use.
- Seller LocationPortland, OR
- Reference Number1stDibs: LU4876118240022
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingShips From: Portland, OR
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 7 days of delivery.
About the Seller
Located in Portland, OR
These expertly vetted sellers are 1stDibs' most experienced sellers and are rated highest by our customers.
Established in 2000
1stDibs seller since 2019
166 sales on 1stDibs
Typical response time: 1 hour
More From This Seller
- Antique American Renaissance Revival Rosewood Carved Music Cabinet, Circa 1870Located in Portland, ORA fine antique American Renaissance Revival carved rosewood music cabinet, Circa 1870. The top of the cabinet having a finely handcarved backcrest, carved with musical instruments an...Category
Antique 1860s American Renaissance Revival CabinetsMaterials
- Antique American Oak Poole Bros Railway Ticket Roll Top Tambour Cabinet ChicagoLocated in Portland, ORAntique American oak roll/tambour top Railway ticket cabinet, circa 1920, by Poole Bros., of Chicago. The cabinet having a locking tabour roll, that runs free and smooth, enclosed ar...Category
Early 20th Century American American Craftsman CabinetsMaterials
- Antique Flemish / Dutch Walnut Marquetry Royal Manuscript Cabinet, circa 1680Located in Portland, ORAntique Flemish / Dutch walnut marquetry Royal Manuscript cabinet, circa 1680. The cabinet possessing a stepped cornice with a carved frieze of fruiting vines. Below there are six do...Category
Antique Late 17th Century Dutch Baroque CabinetsMaterials
- Antique Louis XV Style Vernis Martin China Display Cabinet/Vitrine, circa 1900Located in Portland, ORAntique Louis XV style Vernis Martin China display cabinet/Vitrine, circa 1900. The cabinet having a pierced brass gallery to the top and a brass frieze below with hanging floral gar...Category
Early 20th Century French Louis XV VitrinesMaterials
- Antique American Empire Mahogany Pedestal Sewing Work Table New York Circa 1840Located in Portland, ORA good antique American Empire period flame mahogany work table, New York, circa 1840. The table made from flame mahogany and having three drawers, the top with a fitted interior, t...Category
Antique 1830s American American Empire PedestalsMaterials
- Antique Georgian Regency Marquetry Bowfront Neoclassical Corner Cabinet 1800Located in Portland, ORA spectacular antique Georgian marquetry bowfronted Regency period corner cabinet in the Neoclassical style, circa 1800. The cabinet is profusely and sumptuously inlaid with specime...Category
Antique Early 1800s English Neoclassical Corner CupboardsMaterials
Fruitwood, Mahogany, Rosewood, Satinwood
You May Also Like
Medical Cabinet Ca.1900
Located in Meulebeke, BE
Medical cabinet made around 1900 and used in a hospital. made of solid metal en glass. Has a nice patina and is ready to use.
Vintage 1920s Belgian Industrial Cabinets
Apothecary Medical Cabinet circa 1910 cabriole legs, milk glass top, refinished
Located in Madison, WI
Medical apothecary cabinet with milk glass top and cabriole legs, circa 1920. Completely refinished in original paint color. Ten drawers in total of telescoping sizes, five on each s...
Vintage 1920s American Industrial Apothecary Cabinets
Steel, Stainless Steel
Antique Pine Medical Cabinet, Referenced to Joseph Maina Mungai, c1900
Located in Ely, GB
An interesting antique Pine Medical / Microscope slide cabinet with 48 Drawers, c1900s The cabinet was previously housed at University College London (UCL) and references Joseph M...
Antique Early 1900s British Late Victorian Apothecary Cabinets
Unusual Industrial Medical / Specimen Cabinet, Steel and Glass
Located in Buffalo, NY
Unusual industrial medical / specimen cabinet, steel and glass. Great size, scale, proportion. Tall narrow metal cabinet, upper glass door with shelves, lower glass door will small p...
Vintage 1920s American Arts and Crafts Apothecary Cabinets
Antique Grecian American Empire Raised Panel Mahogany Dental Cabinet, c1900
Located in Big Flats, NY
An antique American Empire dental cabinet offers raised panel mahogany construction with upper having tambour doors raising to reveal compartmentalized storage over center section wi...
20th Century American American Empire Cabinets
$5,200 Sale Price
Apothecary Cabinet, circa 1800
Located in Southall, GB
George III Apothecary cabinet A George III mahogany apothecary cabinet. The box has a brass military late handle set in the top and comprises a pair of doors that open and have...
Antique 18th Century English Apothecary Cabinets
Antique East Asian 36 Drawers Apothecary Cabinet Chest, circa 1920s
Located in Germantown, MD
Authentic east Asian herbal medicine chest hand crafted in a classic Korean / Japanese antique design, with 36 miniature drawers, traditionally used for medicinal powders, minerals, ...
Early 20th Century Korean Anglo-Japanese Apothecary Cabinets
$1,400 Sale Price
Antique American Country General Store Counter
Located in Forney, TX
A late 19th / early 20th century industrial general store counter, having a thick pine single board plank top that can function as a work bench, over a rectangular base cabinet with ...
Early 20th Century Industrial Cabinets
Biedermeier Antique High Board, 1840's, Germany, Empire Style, Rococo
Located in Antwerp, BE
Biedermeier; antique high board Goldwood; Baroque, antique, Art Deco, Biedermeier, Rococo; Germany; Scandinavia; Industrial Revolution; Empire style; Antique Biedermeier high boa...
Antique 1840s German Biedermeier Cabinets
Antique Globe Wernicke Apothecary File Card Cabinet
By Globe Wernicke
Located in Forney, TX
A beautiful and scarce antique quarter-sawn oak apothecary cabinet by high quality office furniture manufacturer Globe Wernicke (1899-1955). The early 20th century American made w...
Early 20th Century American Arts and Crafts Apothecary Cabinets