Antique Korean Tansu CabinetItem Status:
View Similar Items
- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
1 of 6
Antique Korean Tansu Cabinet
Antique Korean Tansu cabinet. It dates from the early to mid-1900s. Two-part stacked cabinet with attached decorative base. Four small drawers at the top, with two storage spaces below. The inside of the cabinet is lined with rice paper. Nice brown wood-tone with brass hardware. It is a traditional Korean style Tansu. Condition: Very good, consistent with age and use.
- DimensionsHeight: 35.25 in. (89.54 cm)Width: 29 in. (73.66 cm)Depth: 14 in. (35.56 cm)
- StyleMeiji (In the Style Of)
- Place of Origin
- Date of ManufactureEarly 20th Century
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use.
- Seller LocationBridgeport, CT
- Reference NumberSeller: 544751stDibs: LU1755211102441
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexity. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Ships From: Bridgeport, CT
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About the Seller
Located in Bridgeport, CT
5 / 5
These experienced sellers undergo a comprehensive evaluation by our team of in-house experts.
1stDibs seller since 2015
924 sales on 1stDibs
Typical response time: <1 hour
More From This Seller
- Located in Bridgeport, CTGeorge III satinwood and marquetry cabinet. Satinwood was used as the background for the delicate inlaid marquet...Category
Antique Late 19th Century English George III CabinetsMaterials
- Located in Bridgeport, CTA large and impressive Neo-Gothic style cabinet, circa 1840. A heavy wide cabinet in a white wash with deeply ca...Category
Antique Mid-19th Century Gustavian CabinetsMaterials
You May Also Like
Midcentury Korean Elm Tansu Butterfly Chest Campaign Cabinet Sideboard
Located in Dayton, OH
Midcentury Korean brass mounted elm sideboard / tansu, with profuse engraved brass butterfly and medallion mounts, two blind doors revealing five fitted interior upper drawers, and t...
Mid-20th Century Campaign Cabinets
Late 19th Century Korean Tansu Elmwood Cabinet with Brass Mounts
Located in Milford, NH
A beautiful example of a late 19th century Korean elmwood cabinet with brass mounts, four small fitted drawers over three sets of fitted banded burl paneled double doors which open t...
Antique Late 19th Century Korean Furniture
$2,372 Sale Price
Antique Japanese Small Tansu Chest
Located in Hudson, NY
Meiji period (1868-1912) tansu with one drawer on top, a sliding door to reveal 5 more drawers underneath, and 2 locks. Made of keyaki wood, a precious wood in Japan.
Antique Late 19th Century Japanese Meiji Furniture
Japanese Antique Storage Shelf 1800s-1900s/Chest of Drawer Cabinet Tansu
Located in Sammushi, JP
It is an old Japanese storage shelf. Made of cedar tree. It is an item from the Edo period to the Meiji period. (1800s-1900s) There is no useless decoration, it is simple and co...
Antique Late 19th Century Japanese Meiji Commodes and Chests of Drawers
Antique Korean Tansu Chest
Located in Sarasota, FL
The Tansu Korean CHEST is hand made of elm with heavy brass trim and handles to the sides, having woven reed to the top and front of doors.
Antique Late 19th Century Korean Other Blanket Chests
Located in Wilson, NC
The doors and drawers of this chest/cabinet are inlaid with ebony double line stringing that frame Korean tiger wood panels. All of the brass overlay, hinges, pulls, and locks are or...
Antique 1880s Korean Cabinets
Pair of Japanese Tansu Style Cabinets by Century Furniture
By Century Furniture
Located in Peabody, MA
A rarely seen pair of Japanese tansu styled cabinets by Century Furniture with solid brass hardware, circa 1980s.
Vintage 1980s American Meiji Cabinets
Pair of Japanese Tansu Cabinet
Located in Tokyo, JP
Vintage Tansu cabinet originally used to store Kimono. The inside dimensions of the drawers are below: The 1st to 9th drawers from the top: W 93 x D 38 H 5.5 cm The 2nd drawer f...
Mid-20th Century Japanese Cabinets
$1,500 / set