An intricately hand carved corner cabinet decorated with nine oval reverse painted 'eglomise' plaques of Indian Brahmin, on a foliate vine case. Upper and lower shelf sections enclosed by pairs of panel doors; with two drawers in between.
Of the Period
Place of Origin
Date of Manufacture
Hand carved native hardwoods with painted interior, and vividly reverse painted oval glass plaques.
Good. Fine primitive antique condition..
Wear consistent with age and use. Minor losses. Minor fading.
77 in. H x 33.5 in. W x 18.5 in. D
196 cm H x 85 cm W x 47 cm D
Number of Items
More from this Dealer
- Scottish Hepplewhite Inlaid Mahogany Corner Cabinet
- Chinese Tongzhi Altar Cabinet
- American Hepplewhite Secretary Bookcase
- Federal Revival Kidney Shaped Sideboard
- American Dovetailed Pine Blanket Chest with Drawer
- Newport Queen Anne Tiger Maple Highboy - Christopher Townsend Shop
- Scottish 'Swans Neck' Chest on Chest
- Emmons & Archibald Boston Classical Sideboard
- Salem Massachusetts Late Federal Period Stepback Chest of Drawers
- 16th Century Italian Renaissance Standing Desk Console or Center Table
- Inlaid Mahogany Carlton House Desk
- French Oak Coffered Bench