Items Similar to Black and Gilt Lacquered ‘Japanned’ Armoire from Paris
- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
1 of 15
Black and Gilt Lacquered ‘Japanned’ Armoire from Paris
Black and gilt lacquered chinoiserie or ‘Japanned’ armoire with polychrome and gilt scenery of figures in various landscape settings. Beautifully detailed and a wonderful decorative piece in all settings. Continental European made and decorated in an Asian manner.
- DimensionsHeight: 87 in. (220.98 cm)Width: 56 in. (142.24 cm)Depth: 21 in. (53.34 cm)
- StyleChinoiserie (Of the Period)
- Materials and TechniquesLacqueredGiltwood
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacture1910
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use.
- Seller LocationVancouver, CA
- Reference NumberSeller: FM-23431stDibs: LU1386221291442
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexity.Estimated Customs Duties & Taxes to the Continental US: $0.Ships From: Vancouver, Canada
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About the Seller
Located in Vancouver, Canada
5 / 5
These experienced sellers undergo a comprehensive evaluation by our team of in-house experts.
Established in 1989
1stDibs seller since 2015
162 sales on 1stDibs
Typical response time: 1 hour
More From This Seller
- Located in Vancouver, British ColumbiaA lovely-quality and highly unusual late 19th century French Louis XVI style two-door armoire featuring dramatic...Category
Antique Late 19th Century French Chinoiserie Wardrobes and ArmoiresMaterials
LacquerH 87 in. W 54 in. D 19.5 in.$14,500
- Located in Vancouver, British ColumbiaVery unusual small French brass-bound and inlaid mahogany cabinet or armoire, the door and drawer fronts with en...Category
Early 20th Century French Edwardian CabinetsMaterials
BrassH 63.5 in. W 35.5 in. D 14.5 in.$8,750
- Located in Vancouver, British ColumbiaThis wonderful display cabinet is designed in an Orientaliste style, which was popular in Europe in the Mid-Late...Category
Antique Late 19th Century French Chinoiserie CabinetsMaterials
Glass, WoodH 73 in. W 35.5 in. D 15 in.$5,516 Sale Price20% Off
- Located in Vancouver, British ColumbiaAn impressive French two-door armoire in walnut and oak, the panelled doors featuring stars inlaid in contrastin...Category
Antique Mid-18th Century French Wardrobes and ArmoiresMaterials
BrassH 91 in. W 67 in. D 27 in.$10,500
- Located in Vancouver, British ColumbiaFine-quality, French inlaid Louis XVI-style 3-door armoire, featuring inlaid classical motifs on a parquetry bac...Category
Early 20th Century French Louis XVI Wardrobes and ArmoiresMaterials
BrassH 95.5 in. W 74 in. D 25 in.$6,550
You May Also Like
Victorian Black Lacquered Mirrored Armoire with Gilt Embellishments
Located in New York, NY
English Victorian black lacquered armoire with gilt embellishments, painted Moorish scenes, and mirrored door.
Antique Late 19th Century Late Victorian Wardrobes and Armoires
$10,000 Sale Price
Black Lacquer Cabinet with Gold Gilt Motif
Located in Greenwich, CT
A refined and elegant black lacquer cabinet with hand-painted gold gilt motif on the front side, brass fitting. Beautiful form and colors.
Antique 19th Century Chinese Chinoiserie Wardrobes and Armoires
Black Lacquer Armoire with Gilt Motif
Located in Greenwich, CT
Black lacquer armoire with gilt floral and Peking opera motif. Pair of open door with shelf inside and hidden compartment.
Antique 19th Century Chinese Chinoiserie Furniture
Art Deco Armoire, Amboyna Veneer and Black Lacquer, France, circa 1930
Located in Regensburg, DE
Elegant, representative Art Deco Armoire from France, circa 1930. Wonderful Amboyna burl veneer on the doors and sides. Excellent lacquer work, coated with clear lacquer and polishe...
Vintage 1930s French Art Deco Wardrobes and Armoires
$8,765 Sale Price
19th Century Continental Painted and Gilt Armoire
Located in Nashville, TN
Carved armoire has two doors that secure with key, doors open to reveal new shelving. One long drawer at bottom of armoire. Some restoration. Armoire has been repainted.
Antique 19th Century Swedish Wardrobes and Armoires
Leleu Style Art Deco Low Rosewood and Gilt Brass Armoire, circa 1930
By Jules Leleu
Located in Saint-Ouen, FR
Art Deco low rosewood and gilt brass armoire. Opening with two doors. Feet in gilt brass, 1930.
Mid-20th Century French Art Deco Wardrobes and Armoires
19th Century Louis XV Oak Armoire from Normandy, France
Located in Arles, FR
A very good quality carved oak armoire originating from Normandy, France which was made during the early 19th century. The case consists of a carved frieze and panelled doors above a...
Antique 19th Century French Cabinets
20th Century Lacquered Painted and Gilt Wood and Plaster Spanish Wardrobe, 1960
Located in Vicoforte, Piedmont
20th century Spanish hall cabinet. Furniture built in a single non-divisible block of wood and plaster richly carved, lacquered, gilded and hand painted with geometric decorations. T...
Mid-20th Century Spanish Wardrobes and Armoires
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery
More Ways To Browse
Japanese Gilt Lacquer
Japanese Lacquer Cabinets
Japan Lacquer Cabinet
French Chinoiserie Cabinets
Black Lacquer Cabinet Chinoiserie
Chinoiserie Gilt Cabinet
Chinoiserie Black Lacquer And Gilt
Japanese Black Lacquer Cabinet
White And Black Pearl Earrings
Womens Stainless Rolex
Gilt Bronze Chenets
French Directoire Style Table