Arthur Court Aluminum Coffee Table
- Of the Period
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacturecirca 1975
- Materials and Techniques
- Condition DetailsVery good original. Enamel finish is fully intact without corrosion, glass is clean with minimal light scratches
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
- DimensionsH 17.75 in. x W 36 in. x D 36 in.H 45.09 cm x W 91.44 cm x D 91.44 cm
- Seller LocationHudson, NY
- Reference NumberLU80027200563
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexityShipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About Arthur Court (Designer)
The work of Arthur Court is a constant delight to his fans. The San Francisco based designer created a wide range of sophisticated yet cheerful furnishings and bijoux based on natural forms that included flowers, cacti, antlers and animals.
Court’s designs drew on his rich and diverse experiences. He grew up in Minnesota, and his childhood rambles in the woods made him a lifelong naturalist. Navy service in the Pacific during World War II exposed Court to Asian cultures, and later in life Court was fond of taking African safaris. Upon his return from the war, Court moved to San Francisco and opened an interior design business — attracting such high-profile Hollywood clients as Shirley Temple Black and the Andrews Sisters. In 1966, he opened a store that offered smaller furniture pieces, tabletop wares and decorative sculptures. These included glass-topped tables with bases shaped like lilies or palm trees; whimsical monkey candlesticks and ice buckets in the form of rabbits and whales; or cast-aluminum tortoise shell-shaped lamps.
As you will see from the offerings on these pages, Arthur Court appealed to anyone with a sense of joie de vivre. Take a look: it’s serious fun!