A wonderful pedestal table or gueridon from the Napoleon III period, circa 1870s. Found in a private home in the Loire Region, this center table is topped with a round black marble top. The walnut wood tripod base features a gadrooning bulb in its center and three scrolled legs with acanthus leaf carvings and claw feet. The table rests on casters. Good antique condition. One visible scratch, other minor scratches and a few age spots on marble. Some age on wood at apron. Small restoration on one leg. The round molding underneath top is not original to piece.
- Of the Period
- Place of origin
- Date of manufactureLate 1800s
- Materials and techniques
- ConditionGood. Good antique condition, restoration on one leg, round molding under top not original. One visible scratch, some minor scratches, age spots on marble. Wear on wood at apron. Table not perfectly level due to pedestal construction..
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
H 28.5 in. x Dm 35.75 in.
H 72.39 cm x Dm 90.81 cm
- Diameter35.75 in. (90.81 cm)
- Seller locationAustin, TX
- Seller reference number16133
- Reference numberLU86906071963
About the Seller
1stdibs seller since 2009
Typical response time: 1 hr
Located in Austin, TX
You may also contact the seller by phone
Why Shop on 1stdibs?
Only Vetted, Professional Sellers
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Fully Insured Global Deliveries
More From This Seller
You May Also Like