A Louis XVI style coffee or side table made of cherrywood with a white marble top, circa 1940s. The circular marble top is white with thin gray veining and has a pierced brass gallery. Measure: Two drawers are set into the apron, each being 1.25" deep and 6" wide inside. Additionally, two pull-out shelves with embossed green leather pads are built into the apron, measuring 7" wide by 8" long. All drawers and shelves have petite brass knobs. The tapered, fluted legs end with brass sabots. The "Bouillotte" was a card game, similar to poker, in the 18th century and game tables of the same name (as well as lamps) were created. The "Bouillotte" tables remained very popular and variations of the table were created in the early 1900s such as coffee or side tables.
- In the Style Of
- Place of origin
- Date of manufacturecirca 1940s
- Materials and techniques
- ConditionGood. Minor discoloration on wood and brass. very light superficial scratches on marble top, typical for age and use..
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
H 21.25 in.
H 53.98 cm
- Diameter25.50 in. (64.77 cm)
- Seller locationAustin, TX
- Seller reference number17050
- Reference numberLU86907581553
About the Seller
1stdibs seller since 2009
Typical response time: 1 hr
Located in Austin, TX
You may also contact the seller by phone
Why Shop on 1stdibs?
Only Vetted, Professional Sellers
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Fully Insured Global Deliveries
More From This Seller
You May Also Like