This is a really bold and unusual hair ornament. The pearls look like they are buttons on a shirt cuff, with gilt rope button holes. To add extra flourish, the maker has added three snake chains, suspending a larger blown glass pearl on a pendant.
- Place of originFrance
- Date of manufacturecirca 1880
- ConditionFair. Some of the pearls are not exactly matching, which would suggest that at some time one, or possibly two, would have been replaced. .
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
W 5 in. x D 1 in.
W 12.7 cm x D 2.54 cm
- Length4.25 in. (10.8 cm)
- Weight65 g
- Seller locationLondon, GB
- Seller reference numberFB0479
- Reference numberv30921710233407363fs
Shipping, Returns & Payment
About the Seller
1stdibs seller since 2015
Typical response time: 3 hrs
Located in London, GB
You may also contact the seller by phone
Why Shop on 1stdibs?
Only Vetted, Professional Sellers
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Fully Insured Global Deliveries
You May Also Like