This wonderfully detailed, hand hammered buckle features a stylized dragon with huge claws and a forked tail. Abstract clouds swirl in the background. The front of the buckle is sterling silver, and the back is silver-plated copper. There is a maker's mark stamped on the back. Not sure of the exact age, but best guess is early 20th century. Please contact us if you have any questions.
- Place of originJapan
- Date of manufacturec. early 20th century
- ConditionGood. light overall wear, a couple of marks and dings.
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
H 1.32 in. x W 2.88 in. x D .5 in.
H 3.36 cm x W 7.32 cm x D 1.27 cm
- Seller locationChicago, IL
- Reference numberLU622636423
About the Seller
1stdibs seller since 2009
Typical response time: 9 hrs
Located in Chicago, IL
You may also contact the seller by phone
Why Shop on 1stdibs?
Only Vetted, Professional Sellers
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Fully Insured Global Deliveries
You May Also Like