Items Similar to The First Piano Lesson View More
Edward VolkmanThe First Piano Lesson
Absolutely charming vintage watercolor painting by Edward F. Volkman (American b-1887) after "The First Piano Lesson", after, the French artist Jules Alexis Muenier (1863-1942). Signed "Volkman" center left margin. Presented in a rustic vintage gold-tone wood frame. Image, 9"H x 7"W. Edward Volkman was Born in New Jersey in 1887, he was a painter and Lithographer. His painting were on many magazine covers during the 1920's; such as Everbody's Magazine and was the the artist for the 1932 Christmas Seal & Charity Stamp Society, stamp. The 1932 U.S. Christmas seal (Stamp) was designed by Edward F. Volkman and pictured a pair of Christmas carolers in the snow. The models for the seal were Volkman’s children, Carol, age 7, and George, age 3. He also held a patent for a woman's lipstick adjustable device, for the photographer or makeup artist, to apply even professional lipstick on a woman's lips.
- ArtistEdward Volkman (American)
- Creation Year1920
- Movement & Style
- Condition DetailsPainting - excellent with some age toning to paper. Frame - rustic with some wear to the gold tone.
- DimensionsH 10.38 in. x W 8.13 in. x D .88 in.H 26.37 cm x W 20.66 cm x D 2.24 cm
- Gallery LocationSoquel, CA
- Reference NumberLU5422529991
- Seller Reference NumberS3939
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with the seller on your behalf to ensure you're satisfied with the resolution. Read more
Delivery, Returns & Payment
- DeliveryRates vary by destination and complexityShipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item can be returned within 14 days of delivery.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
4.9 / 5
1stdibs seller since 2014
Located in Soquel, CA
You may also contact the seller by phoneCall seller through 1stdibs
More From This Seller
City Beach San Francisco Bay Area
Netting the Catch by Taylor
Walter P. Taylor
Theodore Ernest LangguthChina Town San Francisco 1896, 1914
$719 Sale Price
China Town San Francisco 1896
Theodore Ernest Langguth
Paper, Watercolor, Pencil
You May Also Like
The Furnace - British painting steel works inte...
Herbert F. Finn
Cleo McGee Grading Papers
Paper, Sumi Ink, Watercolor, Pencil
In meiner Bude (in my shack)
August Wilhelm Dressler
Figures In Interior
Paper, Ink, Watercolor, Gouache
The Art Department, Gouache on Paper Figures, M...
Clyde F. Seavey Sr.
Professor and Friend Tasting Beer
Graphite, Ink, Paper, Watercolor