Items Similar to 'Sunlit Drawing Room', Berlin Charlottenburg Institute, Danish Interior, Benezit
- Design Credit: Samantha Todhunter Design Ltd., Photo Credit: Oliver Clarke. Dimensions: H 19.75 in. x W 23.75 in.
- Design Credit: Lucy Harris Studio, Photo Credit: Francesco Bertocci. Dimensions: H 19.75 in. x W 23.75 in.
- Design Credit: Timothy Godbold, Photo Credit: Karl Simone. Dimensions: H 19.75 in. x W 23.75 in.
- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
1 of 12
Robert Panitzsch'Sunlit Drawing Room', Berlin Charlottenburg Institute, Danish Interior, Benezit
Signed lower left, "Robert Pan." for Robert Panitzsch (Danish, 1879-1949), and dated February 1932. A substantial interior oil showing a view through elegant, arched double doors into a warmly lit room with mint-green walls, patterned armchairs, and a corner bookshelf bearing a rococo gilt clock. Panitzsch studied first in Prague and, later, at the Charlottenburg Art Institute in Berlin where he lived and exhibited for many years. Panitzsch was an admirer of Vermeer’s technique and also favored subtly-lit interiors showing women absorbed in domestic or musical pursuits. Robert Panitzsch is well listed in all art reference works including Benezit and Castagno’s definitive work, European Artist’s Signatures and Monograms. The artist’s work may is held in the permanent collections of national museums, including the German National Museum in Hanover and the Queen Alexandra Museum in Berlin. Reference: Benezit, Dictionnaire des Peintres, Vol. X, p.537; Davenport’s Art Reference Guide, 2003/4 Edition, p.1553. Bridgeman Art Library Archives; European Artist’s Signatures and Monograms, John Castagno; Art Price Index, Falk; et al.
- CreatorRobert Panitzsch (1879 - 1949, Danish)
- Creation Year1932
- DimensionsHeight: 19.75 in. (50.17 cm)Width: 23.75 in. (60.33 cm)Depth: 1 in. (2.54 cm)
- Movement & Style
- Conditionminor restoration, minor losses, edge-rubbing; unframed.
- Gallery LocationSanta Cruz, CA
- Reference Number1stDibs: LU3441474493
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingShips From: Santa Cruz, CA
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
About the Seller
Located in Santa Cruz, CA
These expertly vetted sellers are 1stDibs' most experienced sellers and are rated highest by our customers.
Established in 1984
1stDibs seller since 2013
480 sales on 1stDibs
Typical response time: 1 hour
More From This Seller
- 'Piano And Violin Recital', Paris Salon, Royal Academy, Still Life of TulipsBy Karl Harald Alfred BrogeLocated in Santa Cruz, CASigned lower left, 'Alf. Broge' and dated '1918'. Alfred Broge first studied with Helger Gronvold and, later, at Denmark's Royal Academy with Rudolf Bissen (1889-1891). Broge initi...Category
1910s Academic Figurative PaintingsMaterials
- 'In the Artist's Studio', Danish Expressionist Woman ArtistBy Grethe NorgardLocated in Santa Cruz, CAA Post-Impressionist-style oil interior scene showing a view of an artist's working studio with a paintbox and tools in the foreground and an Expressionist style figurative oil paint...Category
1970s Impressionist Interior PaintingsMaterials
- 'Dance Class', Modernist Figural, Sir John Cass, Otis Art Institute, Parson'sBy Pearl TookLocated in Santa Cruz, CASigned middle right with monogram, 'P.T.'; additionally signed verso, dated 1974 and titled 'UCLA Dance Class'; accompanied by artist's business card. After winning London County Co...Category
1970s Figurative PaintingsMaterials
- 'Interior with Still Life', Dallas Art Museum, Modernist oil, Woman ArtistBy Belle GolinkoLocated in Santa Cruz, CASigned lower left, 'Belle Golinko' (American, 20th century) and painted circa 1945. This Israeli-American woman Modernist exhibited widely and with success, including at the Dallas ...Category
1940s Post-Impressionist Still-life PaintingsMaterials
- 'Seated Nude', Paris, Louvre, Academie Chaumiere, Carmel, California, LACMA, OilBy Victor Di GesuLocated in Santa Cruz, CAStamped, verso, with the estate stamp for Victor Di Gesu (American, 1914-1988) and painted circa 1958. A substantial, Post-Impressionist style figural oil showing a young woman seat...Category
1960s Post-Impressionist Nude PaintingsMaterials
- 'Still Life of Tulips', Post-Impressionist, Royal Academy of Art, CopenhagenBy Poul NielsenLocated in Santa Cruz, CASigned lower left with monogram 'P/N' for Poul Nielsen (Danish, 1920-1998) and dated 1954. A vibrant and light-filled still-life by this well-listed Danish Modernist and disciple o...Category
1950s Modern Still-life PaintingsMaterials
You May Also Like
Women in Interior Having Coffee
By René Francois Xavier Prinet
Located in Philadelphia, PA
An intimate portrait of the personal lives of women. Each woman presents a different expression, but the overall feeling of the piece is a happy calm. Signed 'R.X. Prinet' lower left...
Late 19th Century Academic Interior Paintings
The Dandy a Salon in Paris 19th Century portrait of a young man French painting
Located in Norwich, GB
A wonderful depiction of a dapper Parisian dandy, dating from 1848. I love his air of decadence! It is a work by F de Korff, a mysterious French aristocratic portrait artist who had ...
Mid-19th Century Academic Portrait Paintings
Tennis Whites & Wrestling Singlet (Figurative Oil of Athletes by Mark Beard)
By Mark Beard
Located in Hudson, NY
Academic style figurative oil painting of a young, female tennis player and young male athlete dressed in a wrestling singlet by Mark Beard (aka Bruce Sargeant). 57 x 34 inches, oil ...
Early 2000s Academic Figurative Paintings
'Genre Scene in the Altfriesischen Haus' painting by Carl Johann Spielter
By Carl Johann Spielter
Located in Milwaukee, WI
This genre scene painting by the German artist Carl Johann Spielter is an excellent example of the work he was producing in the later part of his career. The painting presents an int...
1910s Academic Interior Paintings
Beautiful Woman Arranging Flowers in Atrium Conservatory Greenhouse PARIS 1884
By Christian Henri Roullier
Located in Rancho Santa Fe, CA
Christian-Henri Roullier was born in Lyon, France, in 1845, and was an infant when his parents arrived in gold-rush San Francisco. After much difficulty, Roullier senior found employ...
1880s Academic Figurative Paintings
By Georges Antoine Rochegrosse
Located in Paris, FR
Antoine Georges Rochegrosse 1859-1938 Lucrèce Borgia, circa 1880 Oil on canvas Signed lower right Canvas: 36 5/8" high x 29 1/8" wide Frame: 50 3/8" high x 40 1/8" wide Georges...
1880s Academic Interior Paintings
Family scene, children dog and pup, French painting by Delacroix' prodigy friend
Located in Norwich, GB
A sweet and intimate family scene by the rarest of artists: French early 19th Century child prodigy Henri-Louis-Hippolyte Poterlet (1804-1835). Poterlet was a close friend and confi...
1820s Academic Figurative Paintings
Nu Allonge - French Academic Oil, Nude Figure in Interior by Delphin Enjolras
By Delphin Enjolras
Located in Marlow, Buckinghamshire
A beautiful oil on canvas circa 1920 by French academic painter Delphin Enjolras. The work depicts a beautiful nude red-haired woman relaxing on a day bed in a red interior. She has ...
1920s Academic Figurative Paintings
By Amy Florence
Located in Sag Harbor, NY
An oil painting of vessels of olive oil, a cutting board, and some bread, spread along a tabletop. Painted in the style of academic realism. Amy Florence is a London born artist w...
2010s Academic Still-life Paintings
Kittens Drinking Milk by American Artist John Henry Dolph, 19th-Century, Signed
Located in Stockholm, SE
The year was 1835, and John Henry Dolph was born near Lake George, New York. A few years later, his family moved to Ohio. When John Dolph turned fourteen, he began an apprenticeship...
1880s Academic Animal Paintings