Items Similar to Edwardian Chiffon Robe de Style with Scrolling Embroidery, 1910s View More
Edwardian Chiffon Robe de Style with Scrolling Embroidery, 1910s
With snug bodices and wired hip panniers, Robes de Style struck a happy medium between the highly-ornamented gowns of the Victorian era and the slinkier drop-waist dresses of the Jazz Age. This one incorporates scrolling 2-tone silk embroidery to add further interest to the dress itself, which is a shade of citron seldom seen during the Edwardian era. Sleeveless wide neck Robe de Style with chiffon ruffles around neckline and arm holes; three tiers of additional ruffles at each hip, the topmost of which is backed with a flexible step-in wire stay for jutting pannier effect. Piped neck and waist seam; left side inset split with 6 snap closures. Unlined. fabric: silk chiffon, silk floss noteworthy: gently dry clean only when absolutely necessary; otherwise air inside-out immediately after wearing alterations: invisibly repaired chiffon where necessary condition: good with two small areas of darkening at front center skirt, faint mark on front bodice, and loss of contrast edge stitching and faint discoloration on right hip ruffle (see photos) measurements: neckline opening: 10 ½” shoulders: 13” edge to edge, not including 3 ¼” ruffle bust: 34” waist: 30” hips: 46” (measured around hip panniers) bodice length: 17” from shoulder, 10” from underarm skirt length: 35” total length: 52” from shoulder, 45” from underarm sweep: 55” label: no label present, but (illegible) couture tag still present at inside rear neck size: no size tag present; comparable to modern size extra small
- In the Style OfRobe de Style
- Place of OriginUnknown
- Material NotesPipingSymmetricalEmbroideryAlloverTransparentThreadSnapRuffleSilk
- Condition DetailsTwo small areas of darkening at front center skirt, faint mark on front bodice, and loss of contrast edge stitching and faint discoloration on right hip ruffle (see photos)
- WearWear consistent with age and use. Altered (not by designer).
- Marked Sizenone; comparable to size XS (US)
- Seller LocationPhoenix, AZ
- Seller Reference Number0811.09.298
- Reference NumberLU86434905073
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexityShipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item can be returned within 1 day of delivery.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
5 / 5
1stdibs seller since 2017
Located in Phoenix, AZ
You may also contact the seller by phoneCall seller through 1stdibs
More From This Seller
Sheer Hollywood Regency Bias Wedding Gown with ...
1930s Wedding Dresses
You would be forgiven for thinking this is an uptight wedding gown because of its age and sleeves. Of course we would direct your attention to the transparent lace insets that discou...
Haute Couture Hooded Silk Sari Kaftan with Prov...
Hand-made in Tunisia from an Indian silk sari, this kaftan was originally owned by the wife of a State Department ensign in the Nixon administration. Still not impressed? She wore ...
Victorian Waist-Plunging Net and Crochet Kaftan...
Astonishing for its waist-deep neck plunge, this Victorian-era kaftan would make an equally devastating dressing gown, bathing suit cover-up or even Bohemian wedding dress. Dripping ...
Drop-waist Ivory Lace Cap Sleeve Wedding Gown, ...
1950s Wedding Dresses
The unusual combination of a drop waist and fit-and-flare silhouette impart a charm reminiscent of Givenchy's designs for Audrey Hepburn. Perfectly balanced by transparent lace cap s...