Dolce & Gabbana red gold floral print oriental asian style bustier midi dress
About the Item
Dolce & Gabbana
Shapely lingerie models, animal and floral prints and the Mediterranean heritage of Sicily have come to define the romantic and sensual style of Dolce & Gabbana, a leading international brand that from its earliest days of corsetry, copious lace and provocative silhouettes has challenged fashion with an audacious vision for femininity.
After meeting in Milan in 1980 while they were both working for Italian designer Giorgio Correggiari, Domenico Dolce (b. 1958) and Stefano Gabbana (b. 1962) would go on to establish their eponymous fashion empire in 1982. Three years later, a breakthrough for the duo materialized in the form of an up-and-coming talent showcase at Milan Fashion Week, where they unveiled an approach to fashion design that broke sharply from that of the era’s reigning Italian houses. By then romantic partners as well as a business, Dolce & Gabbana were outsiders. Soon, their distinctive garments — sexy, feathery skirts and stretchy jersey evening dresses that favored full figures — demanded the fashion world’s undivided attention.
Though Dolce & Gabbana forged a path in womenswear that would take shape with a 1986 collection called “Real Women,” the brand’s offerings broadened quickly to encompass knitwear, swimwear, lingerie, ready-to-wear, menswear and perfume. In the early 1990s, Madonna helped catapult the luxury house to international stardom: The renowned singer and actress famously tapped the brand to create the looks for her 1993 tour “The Girlie Show.” It saw Madonna working closely with the designers and even starring in their ad campaigns. Dolce & Gabbana has continued to develop a high-profile clientele that includes pop sensations such as Beyoncé and Lady Gaga. The latter donned Dolce & Gabbana’s armor corset dress in the music video for her hit single “Paparazzi.”
Rather than following the rapidly changing trends of fashion, Dolce & Gabbana have instead held to their close-fitting tailoring and decadent designs. The house continues to work with recurring themes such as the culture of Italy and Catholicism, which is manifest, specifically, in their widespread use of black lace, a fabric that references the dresses worn by Sicilian widows. The duo is also inspired by Italian cinema and its icons such as Gina Lollobrigida and Sophia Loren; in 2015 they introduced the Sophia No. 1 lipstick in her honor.
Although Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana separated as a couple in 2005, they continued their business as a creative partnership. In 2012, they closed their less expensive D&G ready-to-wear line to focus on exclusive extravagance, such as their Alta Moda custom pieces. Today, Dolce & Gabbana maintains a popularity with a wealthy clientele, and the house’s 2020s collections have featured technological experiments that update traditional styles, such as a bouclé jacket with a pixel-like pattern, as well as throwbacks to the 1990s fashion that made the brand a household name.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Paris, France
- Return PolicyThis item cannot be returned.
- Stella McCartney purple sleeveless cut out backless midi maxi dress gownBy Stella McCartneyLocated in Paris, FRA beautiful floor length dress by Stella McCartney Please take note that our model is very tall so measurements are listed below to determine the length Deep shade of magenta Sleeve...Category
2010s Italian Evening Dresses
- Herve Leger Paris Vintage red spaghetti strap body con mini dress SBy Herve LégerLocated in Paris, FRLOVE LALI Vintage Herve Leger Paris vintage mini dress The colour is between rust and red Spaghetti straps with a straight cut neckline Body con fi...Category
1990s Mini Dress
- Sonia Rykiel dusky pink burgundy abstract print plisse pleated maxi dress gownBy Sonia RykielLocated in Paris, FRSonia Rykiel full length gown in a beautiful shade of dusky pink with burgundy abstract print Pleated upper with keyhole cut out neckline, long sleeve...Category
2010s French Evening Gowns
- Christian Dior S/S 2018 red silk plisse low cut pussy bow midi dress FR 40By Christian DiorLocated in Paris, FRChristian Dior S/S 2018 red midi dress in silk Low cut cross over upper Cinched in waist Plisse skirt Pussy bow necktie Concealed side zip FREE SHIPPI...Category
2010s Italian Evening Dresses
- Gucci Fall 2011 burgundy chiffon silk plunging neckline sheer cut out gown dressBy GucciLocated in Paris, FRLOVE LALI Vintage Gucci Fall 2011 midi length dress in burgundy Sleeveless cut Crinkle effect chiffon fabric Partly sheer Layered skirt Long ties ca...Category
2010s Italian Evening Dresses
- MM6 Maison Margiela burgundy red ribbed wool knit midi maxi sweater dress SBy MM6 Maison MargielaLocated in Paris, FRMM6 by Maison Margiela Ribbed stretch knit sweater dress in burgundy Midi length Scalloped neckline, cuffs and hem FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!!! Com...Category
2010s Italian Informal Dresses
- Versace Vintage 2000’s Asymmetrical Neckline DressBy VersaceLocated in London, GBWe are excited to present this Versus Versace early 2000’s red asymmetrical neckline dress. Features an asymmetrical neckline with ruched detail and maxi length. In excellent vintage...Category
Early 2000s Italian Maxi Dress
- Jean Paul Gaultier Long Red Jersey Knit and Chiffon Dress, French Circa 1990By Jean Paul GaultierLocated in Toulon, FRCirca 1990 France Long dress in red jersey knit Jean Paul Gaultier. Wide collar in beige chiffon that can be worn in different ways: like a hood, a wide boat neck revealing shoulde...Category
1990s French Cocktail Dresses
- Vintage Red Cashmere and Sequin DressLocated in London, GBA chic and easy to wear vintage cashmere , bead and sequin dress. The dress is in a stunning red colour and is fully lined. It has gathering at the waist , a round neckline , and l...Category
1970s Evening Dresses and Gowns
- S/S 2002 Gianni Versace Red Mini Dress Sheer With Black Lace TrimBy Donatella Versace, Gianni Versace CoutureLocated in Austin, TXS/S 2002 Gianni Versace Red Mini Dress Sheer With Black Lace Trim Condition: Excellent Silk Blend Made in Italy SIZE: 40 Waist: 24"-27", Hips: 40"- 46", ...Category
Early 2000s Cocktail Dresses
- Vintage Red Silk Long-Sleeve Wiggle DressLocated in New York, NYThis Cheongsam-inspired silk wiggle dress is such a beautiful statement. Made in the 1980s by a New York-based label, it features a high mandarin-collar mockneck, and such a svelte s...Category
1980s Cocktail Dresses
- 1969 Rudi Gernreich Red and Purple Wool Maxi DressBy Rudi Gernreich, Rudi GerneichLocated in London, GBDocumented Rudi Gurniech red and purple "cross my heart" maxi dress circa 1969. The celebrated signer and actress, Barbara Streisand, owned many of Gurniech designs including this e...Category
1970s American Maxi Dress