Roberto Cavalli Tiger Print Jersey Cocktail / Dinner Dress Size 46 EU
About the Item
- Dimensions:Length: 40.5 in (102.87 cm)Marked Size: 46 (EU)Bust: 34 in (86.36 cm)Waist: 30 in (76.2 cm)Hip: 40 in (101.6 cm)Shoulder to Hem: 40 in (101.6 cm)
- Place of Origin:Italy
- Material Notes:Length from cross seam under breast 28" Bottom seam of dress measures 55". Sleeve length from shoulder 17"
- Condition:Wear consistent with age and use.
- Seller Location:New York, NY
- Reference Number:1stDibs: LU1128113494252
Whether they’re adorned with understated floral patterns or colorful prints that draw on the wonders of the animal kingdom, vintage Roberto Cavalli dresses and evening gowns, shirts and skirts are unapologetically exuberant. All of the seductive garments crafted at the luxury fashion house have long been associated with extravagance and red-carpet sophistication, and their stories begin in Central Italy.
Roberto Cavalli was born in Florence, Tuscany, in 1940 into an already artistically rich family — his mother was a tailor and his grandfather, Giuseppe Rossi, was a member of an Italian art movement called Macchiaioli that shared common ground with Impressionist painters. Cavalli was creative at the onset and focused on textiles at the Florence Academy of Art. He garnered some high-profile attention with bold prints on knitwear.
After he patented an experimental and revolutionary process that saw him printing on lightweight leather, Cavalli secured commissions from major fashion houses such as Hermès and Pierre Cardin. He explored integrating handmade ornamentation in his designs and found limitless inspiration in the majestic creatures of the jungle.
In the early 1970s Cavalli unveiled his first namesake collection in Paris and the Sala Bianca of Palazzo Pitti in Florence. He then opened his inaugural boutique in France’s Saint-Tropez in 1972. While the designer’s printed denim offerings were deemed unsophisticated by the day’s couturiers — they looked down upon the material — Cavalli’s form-fitting, sensual cuts, innovative patchwork and obvious dedication to impeccable craftsmanship found admirers in the likes of Sophia Loren and Brigitte Bardot.
In 1980 Cavalli married former beauty pageant contestant Eva Düringer, who became his trusted business partner. Now a signature of the label, the pair introduced their first sand-blasted jeans in 1994 and later opened boutiques in Venice and elsewhere.
Cavalli’s designs sold all over the world, and the brand’s success helped pave the way for the introduction of a line that targeted younger consumers and RC Menswear to complement the array of day dresses, shoes, lingerie and coats and outerwear that were offered in his popular boutiques. In 2005 Cavalli was asked to help reinvigorate Playboy’s iconic bunny costumes and, in 2006, model Kate Moss starred in his spring/summer ad campaign. A year later, Cavalli created an exclusive collection for H&M and designed costuming for Jennifer Lopez concerts as well as the Spice Girls.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: New York, NY
- Return PolicyThis item cannot be returned.
- Leonard of Paris Fuschia Multi Color Silk Chiffon Strapless GownBy Leonard of ParisLocated in New York, NYVintage Leonard of Paris bright and flirty ruffled silk chiffon cocktail dress / evening gown, unmarked size, approximately US 6. Featuring four layer...Category
Late 20th Century French Evening Dresses and Gowns
- Jean Muir Emerald Green Viscose Jersey Cocktail DressBy Jean MuirLocated in New York, NYJean Muir emerald green jersey cocktail dress with long wrap sash. Sash may also be worn as long scarf around neck, and tied at lower back. Front of dress has asymmetrical pleating. ...Category
Late 20th Century British Evening Dresses and Gowns
- Leonard of Paris Pastel Silk Chiffon Day / Evening DressBy Leonard of ParisLocated in New York, NYPretty pastel silk chiffon Leonard of Paris special occasion day / evening dress. Bodice has a ruffled capelet that flows from the center of the dress...Category
Late 20th Century French Day Dresses
- Vicky Tiel Paris 1980's Gold Lizard Silk Lame Evening GownBy Vicky TielLocated in New York, NYStunning Vicky Tiel 1980's gold silk lame evening gown, size FR 42. The glamorous gown features draped dolman sleeves, removable shoulder pads with s...Category
Late 20th Century French Evening Gowns
- Badgley Mischka Beaded Black Silk Lace Evening Gown Size US 10By Badgley MischkaLocated in New York, NYBadgley Mischka glamorous black silk lace evening gown, size US 10. Gown features hand beaded and embroidered lace with glass jet beading, and neckline with glass jet beads along cu...Category
Late 20th Century American Evening Gowns
- Adolfo Tropical Silk Jersey Strapless Dress with Half CapeletBy AdolfoLocated in New York, NYAdolfo strapless dress with bold green, indigo and white tropical floral print. Wonderfully tailored, with fitted bodice and draped open tulip front slit above the knee for movement...Category
Late 20th Century American Evening Dresses and Gowns
- S/S 1996 Dolce & Gabbana Cheetah Long Stretch GownBy Dolce & GabbanaLocated in Austin, TXS/S 1996 Dolce & Gabbana Cheetah Long Stretch Gown Condition: missing main label, otherwise excellent 100% viscose Made in Italy Bust: 26"-40", Waist: 23...Category
1990s Italian Evening Dresses and Gowns
- Dolce & Gabbana F/W 2004 sheer pink lace silk crystal strap dress gownBy Dolce & GabbanaLocated in Paris, FRAn Incredibly rare floor length gown from Dolce & Gabbana's Fall 2004 collection Pink silk and lace cut out sheer dress with double crystal straps Concealed back zip Size: IT 42. Th...Category
Early 2000s Italian Evening Dresses
- Prada S/S 97 vintage pink red floral silk brocade cheongsam midi length dressBy PradaLocated in Paris, FRPLEASE NOTE: Our model is 6 foot 1" / 185 cm and wearing very high heels, please refer to the dresses length to see where this dress would fall on you Prada Spring Summer 1997 beautiful pink cheongsam style dress...Category
1990s Italian Evening Dresses
- NEW Asymmetric Prada 3D Silk Chiffon Draped Fairy Cocktail Dress 40By PradaLocated in Switzerland, CHStunning PRADA dress Just like couture - hand-sewn by the seamstresses in Prada's atelier of the finest chiffon silk existing Asymmetric cut 3D ruched ...Category
2010s Italian Cocktail Dresses
- Roberto Cavalli Embroidered Cheetah Lace Up Silk Dress Tunic as seen on JLO XSBy Roberto CavalliLocated in Switzerland, CHRoberto Cavalli Main Line As seen on Jennifer JLO Lopez Finest silk printed with signature Cavalli cheetah theme Signed Roberto Cavalli on silk all over Leather lace up in front, can...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Mini Dress
- UNWORN Pink Versace Asymmetric Draped Goddess Engagement Evening Gown Dress 38By VersaceLocated in Switzerland, CHGorgeous blush pink evening gown inspired by the Grecian goddesses by VERSACE Asymmetric style Beautiful draped details Silk trail on sid...Category
Early 2000s Italian Wedding Dresses