UNWORN Dolce & Gabbana 2006 Gold Metallic Lace Tassel Empire Dress Gown 42
About the Item
Dolce & Gabbana
Shapely lingerie models, animal and floral prints and the Mediterranean heritage of Sicily have come to define the romantic and sensual style of Dolce & Gabbana, a leading international brand that from its earliest days of corsetry, copious lace and provocative silhouettes has challenged fashion with an audacious vision for femininity.
After meeting in Milan in 1980 while they were both working for Italian designer Giorgio Correggiari, Domenico Dolce (b. 1958) and Stefano Gabbana (b. 1962) would go on to establish their eponymous fashion empire in 1982. Three years later, a breakthrough for the duo materialized in the form of an up-and-coming talent showcase at Milan Fashion Week, where they unveiled an approach to fashion design that broke sharply from that of the era’s reigning Italian houses. By then romantic partners as well as a business, Dolce & Gabbana were outsiders. Soon, their distinctive garments — sexy, feathery skirts and stretchy jersey evening dresses that favored full figures — demanded the fashion world’s undivided attention.
Though Dolce & Gabbana forged a path in womenswear that would take shape with a 1986 collection called “Real Women,” the brand’s offerings broadened quickly to encompass knitwear, swimwear, lingerie, ready-to-wear, menswear and perfume. In the early 1990s, Madonna helped catapult the luxury house to international stardom: The renowned singer and actress famously tapped the brand to create the looks for her 1993 tour “The Girlie Show.” It saw Madonna working closely with the designers and even starring in their ad campaigns. Dolce & Gabbana has continued to develop a high-profile clientele that includes pop sensations such as Beyoncé and Lady Gaga. The latter donned Dolce & Gabbana’s armor corset dress in the music video for her hit single “Paparazzi.”
Rather than following the rapidly changing trends of fashion, Dolce & Gabbana have instead held to their close-fitting tailoring and decadent designs. The house continues to work with recurring themes such as the culture of Italy and Catholicism, which is manifest, specifically, in their widespread use of black lace, a fabric that references the dresses worn by Sicilian widows. The duo is also inspired by Italian cinema and its icons such as Gina Lollobrigida and Sophia Loren; in 2015 they introduced the Sophia No. 1 lipstick in her honor.
Although Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana separated as a couple in 2005, they continued their business as a creative partnership. In 2012, they closed their less expensive D&G ready-to-wear line to focus on exclusive extravagance, such as their Alta Moda custom pieces. Today, Dolce & Gabbana maintains a popularity with a wealthy clientele, and the house’s 2020s collections have featured technological experiments that update traditional styles, such as a bouclé jacket with a pixel-like pattern, as well as throwbacks to the 1990s fashion that made the brand a household name.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: DXB, United Arab Emirates
- Return PolicyThis item cannot be returned.
- UNWORN Dolce & Gabbana Rare 1998 Chinese Lantern Print Corset Hook Dress GownBy Dolce & GabbanaLocated in Switzerland, CHBREATHTAKING DOLCE & GABBANA CHINESE PRINT CORSET DRESS GOWN COLLECTOR'S PIECE DETAILS: A DOLCE & GABBANA classic signature piece that will last you for years From the f...Category
1990s Italian Evening Dresses
- DOLCE & GABBANA Carrie's SATC 1990s Couture Hand-Embroidered Corset Dress 40By Dolce & GabbanaLocated in Switzerland, CHBreathtaking Dolce & Gabbana Hand-embroidered Lace Corset Dress As Worn By Sarah Jessica Parker / Carrie in "Sex And The City" SATC & DIDO A Unique Col...Category
1990s Italian Cocktail Dresses
- NEW Versace Ruched Rose Floral Print Silk Dress 2004 seen on Teri 38By VersaceLocated in Switzerland, CHStunning VERSACE signature dress Beautiful rose printed silk Neckholder with open back Ruched details Slight tail - longer on back Silver-tone hardware details on neckholder and bac...Category
Early 2000s Cocktail Dresses
- NEW Rare Museum Piece - Dolce & Gabbana 1992 Printed Jute Sack DressBy Dolce & GabbanaLocated in Switzerland, CHUNIQUE PIECE COLLECTOR´S DOLCE & GABBANA PRINTED SACK DRESS FROM THE FAMOUS SPRING SUMMER 1992 COLLECTION "LA DOLCE VITA" INSPIRED BY MARYLIN MONROES SACK DRESS DETAILS: A...Category
1990s Italian Mini Dress
- UNWORN Emilio Pucci Peacock Pattern Silk & Sequin Dress seen on Amy Winehouse 40By Emilio PucciLocated in Switzerland, CHA stunning sequin dress by Emilio Pucci As seen on rock legend Amy Winehouse Beautiful printed silk in the famous Emilio Pucci Signature "Peacock" pattern...Category
Early 2000s Italian Evening Gowns
- NEW Yves Saint Laurent YSL by Tom Ford Spring 2004 Layered Silk Dress 38By Yves Saint Laurent, Tom Ford for Yves Saint LaurentLocated in Switzerland, CHRARE COLLECTOR'S ITEM STUNNING SILK DRESS BY TOM FORD FOR HIS FINAL SUMMER COLLECTION 2004 FOR YVES SAINT LAURENT DETAILS: Beautiful YSL by Tom Ford silk dress From this last su...Category
Early 2000s French Cocktail Dresses
- Vintage Givenchy Couture Numbered 1970s Chocolate Brown Feathered Chiffon GownBy GivenchyLocated in San Diego, CAAmazing S/S 1971 GIVENCHY couture numbered chocolate brown silk chiffon evening dress! This early 70s dress is extremely well made. Features a nude illusion tailored bodice with semi...Category
1970s French Evening Gowns
- Vintage Wedding Kimono with Phoenix DecorationLocated in London, GBA vintage white silk kimono heavily embroidered with gold chrysanthemums and flying multicoloured phoenix. The phoenix fly through stylised gold and ...Category
1980s Japanese Evening Dresses and Gowns
- 1960s Malcolm Starr Green Pink Metallic Floral Print DressBy Malcolm StarrLocated in Beverly Hills, CA1960s Malcolm Starr Gown in Green, Pink, gold and blue print sleeveless gown. Perfect for wedding or cocktail event . Waist is encrusted with multi color jeweled. Bust: 34” / waist ...Category
1960s American Evening Gowns
- Metallic Gold and Silver Brocade 1970s Maxi Dress Caftan, Evening Gown KaftanLocated in North Hollywood, CAEvening or interior metallic gold brocade dress kaftan with silver and gold trim. Hand-made ceremonial caftan from North Africa, Morocco. Vintage exotic 1970s silver metallic brocade...Category
Late 20th Century Moroccan Caftans
- Christian Dior x Galliano Resort 2006 Embroidered Silk Cocktail DressBy Christian Dior, John Galliano for Christian DiorLocated in London, GBThe most divine Christian Dior by John Galliano archival dress - from the Resort 2006 Collection. Made from nude pink crinkled silk with the most stunning embroidered chrysanthemum ...Category
Early 2000s French Cocktail Dresses
- 1970s Maxi Dress Bergdorf Goodman Floral Orange & RedLocated in Wallkill, NYSuch a fun Maxi Dress. Inverted pleats on each side. It even has Pockets!! Bra clips. Very nice detailing on this! Zips down the back. Measures 33 (Bust) 26 (waist) open (hips) 56.5 ...Category
1970s Maxi Dresses