- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Vintage Lanvin 1970s Colorful Asymmetrical Houndstooth 70s Jersey Shirt Dress
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingShips From: San Diego, CA
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
About the Manufacturer
The career of Jeanne Lanvin (1867–1946) and her eponymous brand began with a millinery apprenticeship in the late 19th century. Today, Lanvin Paris is a globally revered company and is among the oldest French fashion houses still in existence. It is renowned for its exquisite and sought-after vintage evening dresses, shoes, skirts and other garments and accessories and for having dressed such high-profile celebrities as Meryl Streep, Natalie Portman, Kim Kardashian and Sienna Miller.
In 1889, when her apprenticeship came to an end, the young French designer Jeanne Lanvin opened a custom hat shop on the rue Boissy d’Anglas in Paris. Four years later, she moved her business into a much more prominent space on the rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré, one of the world’s most famous luxury fashion districts. The new Maison Lanvin was big enough to display the pieces she would design for her daughter, Marguerite, who was born in 1897. The relationship between Lanvin and her daughter would be at the core of the brand, with a 1907 photograph of Jeanne and Marguerite in matching outfits inspiring the fashion house’s enduring logo.
In 1908, Lanvin launched a line of children’s clothing, one of the first such moves in high-end fashion. When mothers came in to buy the clothes, they often asked for similar designs for themselves. Lanvin decided to introduce a women’s wear line with pieces that had a youthful femininity. This would grow to encompass everyday clothing, evening dresses, coats, lingerie and furs, as well as menswear, perfume and household items. Once she became a member of the Chambre Syndicale de la Couture (Parisian Fashion Council) in 1909, her title officially switched from milliner to designer.
Along with her stylish designs, Lanvin identified the importance of brand identity through fabric colors, opening a dye factory in Nanterre, France. There the distinctive “Lanvin blue” was produced, so even if her designs were copied, the colors could never be exactly reproduced.
After Jeanne Lanvin's death, her daughter, Marguerite Marie-Blanche de Polignac, took over and a series of talented artistic directors would propel the brand through the trends of the 20th century, including Jules François Crahay, Dominique Morlotti, Alber Elbaz and, most recently, Bruno Sialelli. In 2018, Lanvin was acquired by the Fosun Fashion Group, which is now focused on celebrating Lanvin’s heritage while pushing it into a new chapter.
Find vintage Lanvin Paris clothing and accessories on 1stDibs.
- Lanvin Vintage 1970s Tulip Butterfly Print Colorful 70s Jersey Drawstring DressBy Lanvin ParisLocated in San Diego, CAIncredible vintage 1970s LANVIN tulip / butterfly print colorful drawstring dress! Features tulip flowers that look like a cross between a tulip and a butterfly. Elastic waistband an...Category
1970s Cocktail Dresses
- Lanvin S/S 2007 Alber Elbaz Sz 38 Purple Rhinestone Encrusted Empire Waist DressBy Lanvin Paris, Alber ElbazLocated in San Diego, CABeautiful LANVIN Spring / Summer 2007 Ete by ALBER ELBAZ purple / aubergine / eggplant rhinestone encrusted empire waist dress ! Tailored bodice with a free flowing body. Large rhine...Category
Early 2000s Cocktail Dresses
- New Lanvin Alber Elbaz Taupe Strong Shoulder Taupe Silk Avant Garde Dress NWTBy Lanvin Paris, Alber ElbazLocated in San Diego, CABrand new (with tags) LANVIN, by ALBER ELBAZ nude / taupe silk t-shirt dress! Not just your ordinary dress, this super soft beauty features strong shoulders (w/ chic built in exagger...Category
2010s Cocktail Dresses
- 1960s Bonwit Teller Bright Flower Print Empire Waist High Neck Vintage 60s DressBy BONWIT TELLER, BONWIT TELLARLocated in San Diego, CAChic late 1960s BONWIT TELLER bright colored high neck empire waist mod jersey dress! Features flowers printed in vibrant colors of pink, green, and orange throughout. Fitted bodice ...Category
1960s Cocktail Dresses$636 Sale Price20% Off
- Chic 1960s Pat Sandler Trompe l'Oeil Red White and Blue Vintage 60s A Line DressBy Pat SandlerLocated in San Diego, CAChic mid 1960s PAT SANDLER red, white (ivory) and blue trompe l'oeil long Sleeve A-Line dress! Features a high necked ivory crepe bodice with a mock vest sewn into the dress to look ...Category
1960s Cocktail Dresses
- 1980s Galanos Couture Rose Print Long Sleeve Yellow Purple Vintage 80s DressBy James Galanos, GalanosLocated in San Diego, CABeautiful vintage 80s GALANOS silk dress! Features roses / flowers in vibrant colors of yellow, purple, green, black and white. Hidden zipper up the back with hook-and-eye closure. T...Category
1980s Cocktail Dresses