Roberto Cavalli beaded navy jacket
About the Item
- Dimensions:Length: 23.23 in (59 cm)Marked Size: 44 IT (EU)Bust: 31.5 in (80 cm)Waist: 31.5 in (80 cm)Hip: 34.65 in (88 cm)Shoulder to Hem: 23.63 in (60 cm)
- Style:2007 (Of the Period)
- Place of Origin:
- Condition:Wear consistent with age and use.
- Seller Location:Saint-Ouen-Sur-Seine, FR
- Reference Number:Seller: A40551stDibs: LU2170211468402
Whether they’re adorned with understated floral patterns or colorful prints that draw on the wonders of the animal kingdom, vintage Roberto Cavalli dresses and evening gowns, shirts and skirts are unapologetically exuberant. All of the seductive garments crafted at the luxury fashion house have long been associated with extravagance and red-carpet sophistication, and their stories begin in Central Italy.
Roberto Cavalli was born in Florence, Tuscany, in 1940 into an already artistically rich family — his mother was a tailor and his grandfather, Giuseppe Rossi, was a member of an Italian art movement called Macchiaioli that shared common ground with Impressionist painters. Cavalli was creative at the onset and focused on textiles at the Florence Academy of Art. He garnered some high-profile attention with bold prints on knitwear.
After he patented an experimental and revolutionary process that saw him printing on lightweight leather, Cavalli secured commissions from major fashion houses such as Hermès and Pierre Cardin. He explored integrating handmade ornamentation in his designs and found limitless inspiration in the majestic creatures of the jungle.
In the early 1970s Cavalli unveiled his first namesake collection in Paris and the Sala Bianca of Palazzo Pitti in Florence. He then opened his inaugural boutique in France’s Saint-Tropez in 1972. While the designer’s printed denim offerings were deemed unsophisticated by the day’s couturiers — they looked down upon the material — Cavalli’s form-fitting, sensual cuts, innovative patchwork and obvious dedication to impeccable craftsmanship found admirers in the likes of Sophia Loren and Brigitte Bardot.
In 1980 Cavalli married former beauty pageant contestant Eva Düringer, who became his trusted business partner. Now a signature of the label, the pair introduced their first sand-blasted jeans in 1994 and later opened boutiques in Venice and elsewhere.
Cavalli’s designs sold all over the world, and the brand’s success helped pave the way for the introduction of a line that targeted younger consumers and RC Menswear to complement the array of day dresses, shoes, lingerie and coats and outerwear that were offered in his popular boutiques. In 2005 Cavalli was asked to help reinvigorate Playboy’s iconic bunny costumes and, in 2006, model Kate Moss starred in his spring/summer ad campaign. A year later, Cavalli created an exclusive collection for H&M and designed costuming for Jennifer Lopez concerts as well as the Spice Girls.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Saint-Ouen-Sur-Seine, France
- Return PolicyThis item cannot be returned.
- Black jacket and top with black plastic pellet on a chiffon base ChanelBy ChanelLocated in Saint-Ouen-Sur-Seine, FRBlack jacket and top with black plastic pellet on a chiffon base. See-through on the back of the top. SIZE :MCategory
Early 2000s French Jackets
- Black evening jacket with sequins on tulle base with belt Badgley MischkaBy Badgley MischkaLocated in Saint-Ouen-Sur-Seine, FRBlack evening jacket with sequins on tulle base with belt. Close with snap. Silk lining. Shoulder pads. Size 4 (XS)Category
2010s American Dinner Jackets
- Black lace jacket edge to edge with silk lining Lanvin par Alber ElbazBy Lanvin Paris, Alber ElbazLocated in Saint-Ouen-Sur-Seine, FRBlack lace jacket edge to edge with silk lining. NEW with tag. SIZE MCategory
2010s Italian Dinner Jackets
- Dark green guipure jacket with removable furs collar Burberry ProrsumBy Burberry ProrsumLocated in Saint-Ouen-Sur-Seine, FRDark green guipure jacket with removable furs collar. Zip in the middle front with leather attach.Elastic waistband. SIZE MCategory
2010s Italian Jackets
- Hiroko Koshino Japan Black Design Jacket 1980Located in Amsterdam, NLVintage jacket from Japanese designer "Hiroko Koshino" with long front (88cm/34.64 inch) and attached inside vest, inside button with a short back (65c...Category
20th Century Unknown Blazers
- Yves Saint Laurent Burgundy Velvet JacketBy Yves Saint LaurentLocated in Amsterdam, NLThis vintage YSL "Rive Gauche" jacket is made of soft bordeaux velvet with 5 black buttons at the front, no pockets. Size is marked EU 42 but fits like a EU 40/ US 10, please refer t...Category
20th Century French Blazers
- Alexander McQueen 2000s Dark Charcoal and Black Exaggerated Collar Blazer JacketBy Alexander McQueenLocated in San Francisco, CAAlexander McQueen tailored blazer in a very dark charcoal grey miniature herringbone featuring amazing black statement collar with stitched...Category
Early 2000s Italian Blazers
- Alexander Mcqueen 1998 Joan Skirt Suit with Zippered Jacket and Logo Red LiningBy Alexander McQueenLocated in San Francisco, CAVintage 1990s Alexander Mcqueen grey skirt suit from the 1998 Joan collection. Suit is made of a beautiful grey and black fabric with a light sheen. A...Category
1990s Italian Skirt Suits
- Armani Collezioni Grey and Black Check Short Sleeve Blazer JacketBy Giorgio ArmaniLocated in San Francisco, CAArmani Collezioni short sleeved jacket in a very pale grey and black checked pattern. Elastic at hem of short sleeves. Zips and snaps up front with adjustable hidden elastic at waist...Category
Early 2000s Italian Jackets