Valentino Cream Ruffled Cotton Zip Front Jacket M
About the Item
- Dimensions:Marked Size: M (US)
- Style:Ruffled (In the Style Of)
- Place of Origin:United States
- Condition:Wear consistent with age and use. Good This item is in good condition with minor signs of use on the neck and hem. Slight thread pulls on the edges and seams.
- Seller Location:Dubai, AE
- Reference Number:Seller: 5599561stDibs: LU1310117012942
The mononymously known Italian designer Valentino Clemente Ludovico Garavani (b. 1932) is renowned for his fashion house of romantic styles and feminine shapes that he founded in Rome in 1960.
An early fascination with fashion developed when Valentino attended the theater as a child and was dazzled by the evening gowns on stage. While a teenager in Voghera, Lombardy, he studied under Italian designer Ernestina Salvadeo and soon moved to Paris, where he trained at the École des Beaux-Arts and the Chambre Syndicale de la Couture Parisienne. Valentino spent time apprenticing under haute couturiers Jean Dessès and Guy Laroche, learning how to design and construct high fashion while also thinking about how to strike out on his own.
In 1959, Valentino returned to Italy, and a year later, he opened his own salon, soon joining with longtime professional and personal partner Giancarlo Giammetti. It was located on Rome’s trendy Via Condotti and modeled after the French maisons. One of his earliest clients was Elizabeth Taylor, who discovered Valentino while she was in Rome filming Cleopatra and ordered the white dress that she wore to the premiere of Spartacus. When the designer launched his first couture line in 1962 with its fiery red colors, it was internationally celebrated, with Valentino soon attiring fashion trendsetters including Princess Margaret and Audrey Hepburn. He formed an especially close friendship with Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis, for whom he designed numerous dresses. Luxurious drapery with fine needlework, bold uses of color and dramatic flourishes would define Valentino fashion across the decades.
As a fashion house, Valentino is best known for its signature Valentino Red color, though one of its iconic lines is the monochromatic “no colour” collection for which the designer won the Neiman Marcus Award in 1967. (The collection also debuted his trademark “V.”) The white and beige dresses led to a demand for Valentino wedding gowns, with clients including Elizabeth Taylor, Jennifer Lopez and Anne Hathaway. Valentino retired from his fashion empire in 2007, with Alessandra Facchinetti and then the duo Maria Grazia Chiuri (who departed in 2016) and Pierpaolo Piccioli succeeding him as creative directors. But Valentino still steps out of retirement for special occasions, such as designing a wedding gown for Princess Madeleine of Sweden in 2013. Today, the brand has expanded far beyond women’s haute couture and prêt-à-porter to encompass various lines of accessories, including shoes, sunglasses, scarves and perfume.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Return PolicyA return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
- Chanel Light Blue Jacquard Zip-Up Track Jacket MBy ChanelLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2How fabulous does this Chanel jacket look! It is made of fine materials and features long sleeves. Pair it with pants and sneakers for a cool look.Category
2010s French Jackets
- Amiri Blue Acid Washed Denim Zip Front Bomber Jacket SBy AmiriLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2Grab this stylish bomber jacket by Amiri and elevate your casual style instantly. Crafted from 100% cotton, this acid-washed denim jacket comes in a lovely shade of blue. It is style...Category
2010s Italian Jackets
- Rick Owens Darkdust Brown Cotton Asymmetric Hem Contrast Sleeveless Jacket SBy Rick OwensLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2A stylish piece like this is not easy to find. Rick Owns has made this sleeveless cotton jacket in brown color. It features asymmetric hem which is the main...Category
2010s Italian Jackets
- Prada Sport Multicolor Printed Zip Front Belted Hooded Jacket MLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2For that ultimate off-duty look, wrap yourself in the charm and style of this amazing jacket from Prada Sport. Styled with a cool hoody, this one is a fun and quirky piece to flaunt ...Category
2010s Italian Jackets
- Missoni Gold & Grey Lurex Knit Blazer LBy MissoniLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2This comfortable blazer from Missoni is sure to make you look your best from every angle. The gold and grey blazer features button closure on the front, three pockets, lurex detailin...Category
2010s Italian Blazers
- Marni Off White Linen Contrast Piping Detail Belted Jacket MBy MarniLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2Keep it immaculate yet elaborate with this jacket from the house of Marni. It is made from linen and features contrast piping and belt detail. Exemplary comfort and a perfect fit are...Category
2010s Italian Jackets
- 1980's Escada Couture Gold Sequins JacketBy EscadaLocated in Amsterdam, NLRare Escada Couture gold/silver /black/bronze fully sequins ladies evening/party jacket. We offer more exclusive items, view our frontstore. Details: ...Category
20th Century German Dinner Jackets
- Sophie of Saks Sophie Gimbel Grey 1960s Skirt Suit in Grey and White Fuzzy WeaveBy Sophie GimbelLocated in San Francisco, CAVintage 1960s Sophie of Saks skirt suit in a super textured grey and white weave. Textured brassy colored metal buttons. Side zip and hook and loop clos...Category
1960s Unknown Skirt Suits
- Alexander McQueen New Grey and Pink Striped Jacket F/W 1999By Alexander McQueenLocated in Water Mill, NYA grey and pink gradated striped wool jacket by Alexander McQueen. It is double breasted with grey buttons at front and 3 at each cuff. There is light shoulder padding, flap pocket...Category
1990s Italian Double-Breasted Jackets
- S/S 2004 Vintage Runway Tom Ford for Gucci Dove Grey Silk JacketBy Gucci, Tom FordLocated in Montgomery, TXS/S 2004 Vintage Runway Tom Ford for Gucci Dove Grey Silk Jacket IT Size 44 90% Silk, 10% Spandex New, in immaculate condition with tags attached.Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Jackets
- Louis Vuitton Grey Windbreaker Spring Jacket 61lz715sBy Louis VuittonLocated in Dix hills, NYDate Code/Serial Number: CA36929 Made In: Italy Measurements: Length: 21" Width: .2" Height: 29" OVERALL EXCELLENT CONDITION ( 9/10 or A ) Shoulders: 18" Pit to Pit: 21" Sleeve ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Jackets
- Brown boiled wool jacket with zip Chanel Boutique "Identification"By Chanel BoutiqueLocated in Saint-Ouen-Sur-Seine, FRBrown boiled wool jacket with zip. No lining. Metallic chain inside the jacket in the bottom. Split in the bottom of the sleeve, lenght= 6 cm SIZE SCategory
Early 2000s French Single-Breasted Jackets