- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Dolce & Gabbana D&G runway denim and leather corset/bustier ss 2009-size S
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: London, United Kingdom
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About the Designer
Dolce & Gabbana
Shapely lingerie models, animal and floral prints and the Mediterranean heritage of Sicily have come to define the romantic and sensual style of Dolce & Gabbana, a leading international brand that from its earliest days of corsetry, copious lace and provocative silhouettes has challenged fashion with an audacious vision for femininity.
After meeting in Milan in 1980 while they were both working for Italian designer Giorgio Correggiari, Domenico Dolce (b. 1958) and Stefano Gabbana (b. 1962) would go on to establish their eponymous fashion empire in 1982. Three years later, a breakthrough for the duo materialized in the form of an up-and-coming talent showcase at Milan Fashion Week, where they unveiled an approach to fashion design that broke sharply from that of the era’s reigning Italian houses. By then romantic partners as well as a business, Dolce & Gabbana were outsiders. Soon, their distinctive garments — sexy, feathery skirts and stretchy jersey evening dresses that favored full figures — demanded the fashion world’s undivided attention.
Though Dolce & Gabbana forged a path in womenswear that would take shape with a 1986 collection called “Real Women,” the brand’s offerings broadened quickly to encompass knitwear, swimwear, lingerie, ready-to-wear, menswear and perfume. In the early 1990s, Madonna helped catapult the luxury house to international stardom: The renowned singer and actress famously tapped the brand to create the looks for her 1993 tour “The Girlie Show.” It saw Madonna working closely with the designers and even starring in their ad campaigns. Dolce & Gabbana has continued to develop a high-profile clientele that includes pop sensations such as Beyoncé and Lady Gaga. The latter donned Dolce & Gabbana’s armor corset dress in the music video for her hit single “Paparazzi.”
Rather than following the rapidly changing trends of fashion, Dolce & Gabbana have instead held to their close-fitting tailoring and decadent designs. The house continues to work with recurring themes such as the culture of Italy and Catholicism, which is manifest, specifically, in their widespread use of black lace, a fabric that references the dresses worn by Sicilian widows. The duo is also inspired by Italian cinema and its icons such as Gina Lollobrigida and Sophia Loren; in 2015 they introduced the Sophia No. 1 lipstick in her honor.
Although Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana separated as a couple in 2005, they continued their business as a creative partnership. In 2012, they closed their less expensive D&G ready-to-wear line to focus on exclusive extravagance, such as their Alta Moda custom pieces. Today, Dolce & Gabbana maintains a popularity with a wealthy clientele, and the house’s 2020s collections have featured technological experiments that update traditional styles, such as a bouclé jacket with a pixel-like pattern, as well as throwbacks to the 1990s fashion that made the brand a household name.
- Vintage Dolce & Gabbana pink abstract bondage corsetBy Dolce & Gabbana, D&G by DOLCE & GABBANALocated in London, GBVintage Dolce & Gabbana, bondage corset/bustier with loads of details, strings, metal and elastic. Stiffener sewn into the bodice. Closes with button closures in the front. Tagged It...Category
Early 2000s Italian Corsages
- Dolce and Gabbana F/W 2010 runway denim and wool dress with boned corsetBy Dolce & Gabbana, D&G by DOLCE & GABBANALocated in London, GBDolce and Gabbana F/W 2010 runway dress made from denim and wool. It features a corset with boning at the waist for added support and back zip closure. ~Very good conditions ~Made i...Category
2010s Italian Mini Dresses
- Dolce and Gabbana sleeveless denim dress with boned corset seen on runway ss2010By Dolce & Gabbana, D&G by DOLCE & GABBANALocated in London, GBThis Dolce & Gabbana sleeveless denim runway dress from the Spring/Summer 2010 collection comes with a boned corset for extra support and a ruffle skirt. It has distressed denim acce...Category
2010s Italian Mini Dresses
- Dolce & Gabbana Black Silk Camisole with Floral Applique & Built in Bra f/w 1999By Dolce & GabbanaLocated in London, GBDolce & Gabbana Black Silk Camisole with colourful Floral 3D Applique from the autumn/winter collection 1999. The item features a zipper back closure and a built-in bra with adjust...Category
1990s Italian Camisoles
- Vintage Dolce & Gabbana brown wool vest sweater turtleneck top-runway F/W 2002By Dolce & GabbanaLocated in London, GBVintage Dolce & Gabbana knitted runway vest top! This rare piece with its classic silhouette is great for anyone's fall/winter wardrobe. The brown colour goes with everything, especi...Category
Early 2000s Italian Sweater Vests
- Dolce & Gabbana Red Satin Silk Embellished Draped Strapless Dress MBy Dolce & GabbanaLocated in London, GBA beautiful red silk midi sleeveless dress from Dolce & Gabbana presenting a boned corset top for extra support and an embellished waistband. This dress has been made in Italy and is...Category
2010s Italian Cocktail Dresses
- Dolce & Gabbana D&G Mens Vintage Pin Up Bra & Panties Print Short Sleeve ShirtBy Dolce & Gabbana, D&G by DOLCE & GABBANALocated in Doncaster, South YorkshireAn incredible vintage mens Dolce & Gabbana D&G Shirt from the late 90s / early 2000s. Made in Italy, in a pastel green cotton with an amazing pin up style underwear print throughout....Category
Early 2000s Italian Blouses and Tops
- Dolce & Gabbana D&G Vintage y2k Mens Blue Chenille Denim Long Sleeve ShirtBy Dolce & Gabbana, D&G by DOLCE & GABBANALocated in Doncaster, South YorkshireA stylish vintage mens vintage shirt from the early 2000 by luxury Italian fashion designers, Dolce & Gabbana for the D&G line. In a blue velour /chenille with a denim collar and cuf...Category
Early 2000s Blouses and Tops
- Dolce & Gabbana D&G Black AC/DC Acid Rock Black Wrap BlouseBy Dolce & Gabbana, D&G by DOLCE & GABBANALocated in Los Angeles, CAThis museum quality blouse by Dolce & Gabanna's D&G line is a show stopper. Perfect for photo shoots, video shoots or stage. This is a very structured and stiff cotton. New and never...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Blouses and Tops
- D&G by DOLCE & GABBANA Size L Burgundy Pique PoloBy Dolce & Gabbana, D&G by DOLCE & GABBANALocated in San Francisco, CAD&G by DOLCE & GABBANA polo comes in a burgundy pique featuring a navy trim detail, spread collar, and a buttoned closure. As Is. Made in Italy. Good Pre-Owned Condition. Marked:...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian T-Shirts
- Vintage Dolce & Gabbana 1990s Turquoise Blue + Brown Logo 90s Knit Crop Top PoloBy Dolce & Gabbana, D&G by DOLCE & GABBANALocated in San Diego, CAStylish late 1990s DOLCE AND GABBANA turquoise blue and brown logo knit crop top ! Features a soft cotton knit with a chambray denim pocket patch at left breast with D&G embroidered ...Category
1990s Italian Crop Tops
- 1990s Dolce & Gabbana Khaki / Brown Cotton and Suede Feathers Beaded Boho BlouseBy Dolce & Gabbana, D&G by DOLCE & GABBANALocated in San Diego, CAAmazing late 90s vintage DOLCE & GABBANA khaki / brown cotton and suede beaded fringe boho shirt ! Features a flattering drawstring waist that can adjust to fit an array of sizes. Li...Category
1990s Italian Blouses and Tops