- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Early 2000s Roberto Cavalli Brown Suede Woven Sheer Crop Top
- DimensionsMarked Size: S (NA)Bust: 60 in. (152.4 cm)Waist: 48 in. (121.92 cm)Shoulder to Hem: 16 in. (40.64 cm)
- Place of OriginItaly
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use. Light wear from age and use throughout. Some relaxing from age.
- Seller LocationPhiladelphia, PA
- Reference Number1stDibs: LU2388215527562
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingShips From: Philadelphia, PA
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 2 days of delivery.
About the Designer
Whether they’re adorned with understated floral patterns or colorful prints that draw on the wonders of the animal kingdom, vintage Roberto Cavalli dresses and evening gowns, shirts and skirts are unapologetically exuberant. All of the seductive garments crafted at the luxury fashion house have long been associated with extravagance and red-carpet sophistication, and their stories begin in Central Italy.
Roberto Cavalli was born in Florence, Tuscany, in 1940 into an already artistically rich family — his mother was a tailor and his grandfather, Giuseppe Rossi, was a member of an Italian art movement called Macchiaioli that shared common ground with Impressionist painters. Cavalli was creative at the onset and focused on textiles at the Florence Academy of Art. He garnered some high-profile attention with bold prints on knitwear.
After he patented an experimental and revolutionary process that saw him printing on lightweight leather, Cavalli secured commissions from major fashion houses such as Hermès and Pierre Cardin. He explored integrating handmade ornamentation in his designs and found limitless inspiration in the majestic creatures of the jungle.
In the early 1970s Cavalli unveiled his first namesake collection in Paris and the Sala Bianca of Palazzo Pitti in Florence. He then opened his inaugural boutique in France’s Saint-Tropez in 1972. While the designer’s printed denim offerings were deemed unsophisticated by the day’s couturiers — they looked down upon the material — Cavalli’s form-fitting, sensual cuts, innovative patchwork and obvious dedication to impeccable craftsmanship found admirers in the likes of Sophia Loren and Brigitte Bardot.
In 1980 Cavalli married former beauty pageant contestant Eva Düringer, who became his trusted business partner. Now a signature of the label, the pair introduced their first sand-blasted jeans in 1994 and later opened boutiques in Venice and elsewhere.
Cavalli’s designs sold all over the world, and the brand’s success helped pave the way for the introduction of a line that targeted younger consumers and RC Menswear to complement the array of day dresses, shoes, lingerie and coats and outerwear that were offered in his popular boutiques. In 2005 Cavalli was asked to help reinvigorate Playboy’s iconic bunny costumes and, in 2006, model Kate Moss starred in his spring/summer ad campaign. A year later, Cavalli created an exclusive collection for H&M and designed costuming for Jennifer Lopez concerts as well as the Spice Girls.
- By Roberto CavalliLocated in Philadelphia, PATheRealList presents: a pink pheasant print Roberto Cavalli cardigan. From the Spring/Summer 2003 collection, th...Category
Early 2000s Cardigans$581 Sale Price35% Off
- By GucciLocated in Philadelphia, PATheRealList presents: a rare oversized 'GG' logo wool and alpaca pullover turtleneck sweater designed by Gucci i...Category
1980s Pullovers$877 Sale Price35% Off
- By Gucci, Tom Ford for GucciLocated in Philadelphia, PATheRealList presents: a wrap-around black Gucci sweater, designed by Tom Ford. From the Fall/Winter 1998 collect...Category
1990s Cardigans$1,296 Sale Price35% Off
- By Tom Ford for Gucci, GucciLocated in Philadelphia, PATheRealList presents: an open black knit Gucci cardigan, designed by Tom Ford. From the Fall/Winter 1998 collect...Category
1990s Cardigans$971 Sale Price35% Off
- By Tom Ford for Gucci, GucciLocated in Philadelphia, PATheRealList presents: a sheer knit cardigan top designed by Tom Ford for Gucci in the late 1990s. The stretchy f...Category
1990s Blouses and Tops$1,202 Sale Price35% Off
- By Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche, Tom Ford for Yves Saint LaurentLocated in Philadelphia, PATheRealList presents: a black wool sweater vest designed by Tom Ford for Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche's Spring...Category
Early 2000s Blouses and Tops$321 Sale Price35% Off
You May Also Like
20th Century Pullovers
21st Century and Contemporary Pullovers
1970s Sweater Vests
Recently ViewedView More
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery