Cavalli Mustard Colored Suede Skirt
View Similar Items
Cavalli Mustard Colored Suede Skirt
About the Item
Whether they’re adorned with understated floral patterns or colorful prints that draw on the wonders of the animal kingdom, vintage Roberto Cavalli dresses and evening gowns, shirts and skirts are unapologetically exuberant. All of the seductive garments crafted at the luxury fashion house have long been associated with extravagance and red-carpet sophistication, and their stories begin in Central Italy.
Roberto Cavalli was born in Florence, Tuscany, in 1940 into an already artistically rich family — his mother was a tailor and his grandfather, Giuseppe Rossi, was a member of an Italian art movement called Macchiaioli that shared common ground with Impressionist painters. Cavalli was creative at the onset and focused on textiles at the Florence Academy of Art. He garnered some high-profile attention with bold prints on knitwear.
After he patented an experimental and revolutionary process that saw him printing on lightweight leather, Cavalli secured commissions from major fashion houses such as Hermès and Pierre Cardin. He explored integrating handmade ornamentation in his designs and found limitless inspiration in the majestic creatures of the jungle.
In the early 1970s Cavalli unveiled his first namesake collection in Paris and the Sala Bianca of Palazzo Pitti in Florence. He then opened his inaugural boutique in France’s Saint-Tropez in 1972. While the designer’s printed denim offerings were deemed unsophisticated by the day’s couturiers — they looked down upon the material — Cavalli’s form-fitting, sensual cuts, innovative patchwork and obvious dedication to impeccable craftsmanship found admirers in the likes of Sophia Loren and Brigitte Bardot.
In 1980 Cavalli married former beauty pageant contestant Eva Düringer, who became his trusted business partner. Now a signature of the label, the pair introduced their first sand-blasted jeans in 1994 and later opened boutiques in Venice and elsewhere.
Cavalli’s designs sold all over the world, and the brand’s success helped pave the way for the introduction of a line that targeted younger consumers and RC Menswear to complement the array of day dresses, shoes, lingerie and coats and outerwear that were offered in his popular boutiques. In 2005 Cavalli was asked to help reinvigorate Playboy’s iconic bunny costumes and, in 2006, model Kate Moss starred in his spring/summer ad campaign. A year later, Cavalli created an exclusive collection for H&M and designed costuming for Jennifer Lopez concerts as well as the Spice Girls.
- Valentino Boutique Camel Embossed leather skirt-4By ValentinoLocated in West Palm Beach, FLValentino Boutique Camel Embossed leather skirt-4. This amazing Valentino Boutique skirt is in excellent condition. It is camel color and is an embossed leather throughout. There is ...Category
2010s Italian Peg Top Skirts
- Moschino Boutique Pink & Black Tweed Skirt-6By Boutique MoschinoLocated in West Palm Beach, FLMoschino Boutique Pink & Black Tweed Skirt-6. This amazing Moschino skirt is in excellent condition. It has very minimal signs of use. The skirt is m...Category
2010s Hungarian Pencil Skirts
- Leonard Tan Silk Jersey Skirt with Large Floral Print - 38By LeonardLocated in West Palm Beach, FLLeonard Tan Silk Jersey Skirt with Large Floral Print - 38. This skirt is in good condition with small pulls throughout and wear being consistent with age. The skirt features a waist...Category
Late 20th Century Italian Skirts
- Chanel Runway Spring 2002 Pastel Patterned Lightweight Tweed Skirt-Size 40By ChanelLocated in West Palm Beach, FLChanel Multi Pastel Patterned Lightweight Tweed Skirt - 40 - Spring 2002 This classic chanel piece was featured as look 26 on the Runway at the Chanel Spring 2002 fashion...Category
Early 2000s French Skirts
- Serge & Real Black Taffeta Pleated Long Skirt - MLocated in West Palm Beach, FLSerge & Real Black Taffeta Pleated Long Skirt - M. This Serge & Real long skirt is black taffeta. It is pleated and loose. This skirt is in good co...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Canadian Evening Dresses and Gowns
- Chloe White Ribbed Cotton Skirt - 42By ChloéLocated in West Palm Beach, FLThis Chloe white ribbed cotton skirt is fully lined in silk and has a straight cut. The fabric is ribbed and has a bottom section creating the illusion of...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Skirts
- Valentino Italy Signature Chartreuse Floral Silk Print Tiered Skirt Size 12By ValentinoLocated in Palm Springs, CAThe most beautiful of Valentino signature prints. The silk print in colors of chartreuse, greys and greens. Solid color silk tie at side waist. The details of this skirt is amazing. ...Category
Early 2000s Italian Ruffled Skirts$340 Sale Price20% Off
- Chanel Boutique Chocolate Brown Leather SkirtBy Chanel BoutiqueLocated in London, GBA chocolate brown leather skirt from the Chanel Boutique line. This mid-rise skirt consists of thin panels stitched together in a topstitched desi...Category
20th Century Skirts
- 1970s Saint Laurent Purple, Orange, Yellow Paisley Print Cotton SkirtBy Yves Saint Laurent Rive GaucheLocated in Beverly Hills, CABeautiful 70s Saint Laurent Rive Gauche Cotton Paisley Print in Purple, orange, Yellow, white and green. Skirt comes with cotton belt. Waist: 28”Category
1970s French Flare Skirts
- Yves Saint Laurent by Tom Ford SS-02 Cotton Laced Safari Skirt with Leopard TrimBy Tom Ford for Yves Saint Laurent, Yves Saint Laurent Rive GaucheLocated in Brussels, BEThe sexy pencil skirt was a piece that Carine Roitfeld, Tom Ford’s longtime stylist and former Vogue Paris editor-in-chief, made quite popular in the early noughties. Roitfeld was obsessed with the rigor and discipline of uniforms, but she kept looking for ways to add eroticism to strictly tailored clothes. This military-inspired skirt -with its sensual trim of leopard print chiffon- was an obvious choice for her and hasn’t lost any of its relevance. This is a version of skirt Look 2 as seen on the runway spring/summer 2002, ready-to-wear, model Rie Rasmussen 100% cotton in savana Leopard trim...Category
Early 2000s Italian Pencil Skirts
- Alaia Leopard Print Knit Pencil Skirt, Fall-Winter 1991-1992By Azzedine AlaïaLocated in Geneva, CHTimeless and endlessly versatile is the leopard print. Even more when this leopard print is iconic ! From one of the most recognizable and famous Alaïa collection, this Fall-Winter 1991-1992 jacquard-knit wool pencil skirt will look as chic styled with knee boots or sandals. Unlined, it is labelled a size S. Pulls on to wear, the fabric does have stretch. Fits approx. : US 2-6 / FR 36-38 Measurements (taken flat and unstretched) : Waist approx. 31-32 cm (12.2-12.6 inches) Hips approx. 37 cm (14.6 inches) Total length (waist to hem) approx. 54 cm (21.3 inches) This item has been professionally cleaned, pressed & carefully inspected by a couture-trained seamstress before being sold. Credit photo : Picture n° 3 -> "Alaia Throws A Curve" by Jean Baptiste Mondino...Category
1990s French Pencil Skirts
- Maison Martin Margiela Olive Wrap Front SkirtBy Maison Martin MargielaLocated in Laguna Beach, CAThis soft rayon knit skirt comes in an earthy olive color from Maison Martin Margiela. The faux wrap front secures with a small button.Category
Early 2000s French Skirts$322 Sale Price50% Off