- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Vintage Lanvin Haute Couture Aztec Navy Blue Indigo Wool Challis Wrap Cardigan
Shipping & Returns
- Shipping$20 $15 Standard Parcel Shippingto United States 0, arrives in 3-8 days. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Delivered by a parcel delivery service such as UPS, FedEx, or DHL.Ships From: San Diego, CA
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
About the Manufacturer
The career of Jeanne Lanvin (1867–1946) and her eponymous brand began with a millinery apprenticeship in the late 19th century. Today, Lanvin Paris is a globally revered company and is among the oldest French fashion houses still in existence. It is renowned for its exquisite and sought-after vintage evening dresses, shoes, skirts and other garments and accessories and for having dressed such high-profile celebrities as Meryl Streep, Natalie Portman, Kim Kardashian and Sienna Miller.
In 1889, when her apprenticeship came to an end, the young French designer Jeanne Lanvin opened a custom hat shop on the rue Boissy d’Anglas in Paris. Four years later, she moved her business into a much more prominent space on the rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré, one of the world’s most famous luxury fashion districts. The new Maison Lanvin was big enough to display the pieces she would design for her daughter, Marguerite, who was born in 1897. The relationship between Lanvin and her daughter would be at the core of the brand, with a 1907 photograph of Jeanne and Marguerite in matching outfits inspiring the fashion house’s enduring logo.
In 1908, Lanvin launched a line of children’s clothing, one of the first such moves in high-end fashion. When mothers came in to buy the clothes, they often asked for similar designs for themselves. Lanvin decided to introduce a women’s wear line with pieces that had a youthful femininity. This would grow to encompass everyday clothing, evening dresses, coats, lingerie and furs, as well as menswear, perfume and household items. Once she became a member of the Chambre Syndicale de la Couture (Parisian Fashion Council) in 1909, her title officially switched from milliner to designer.
Along with her stylish designs, Lanvin identified the importance of brand identity through fabric colors, opening a dye factory in Nanterre, France. There the distinctive “Lanvin blue” was produced, so even if her designs were copied, the colors could never be exactly reproduced.
After Jeanne Lanvin's death, her daughter, Marguerite Marie-Blanche de Polignac, took over and a series of talented artistic directors would propel the brand through the trends of the 20th century, including Jules François Crahay, Dominique Morlotti, Alber Elbaz and, most recently, Bruno Sialelli. In 2018, Lanvin was acquired by the Fosun Fashion Group, which is now focused on celebrating Lanvin’s heritage while pushing it into a new chapter.
Find vintage Lanvin Paris clothing and accessories on 1stDibs.
- By Lanvin ParisLocated in San Diego, CAClassic LANVIN, by ALBER ELBAZ Hiver 2006 charcoal gray alpaca and silk blend lightweight cardigan sweater! Smar...Category
Early 2000s Cardigans$520 Sale Price22% Off
- By Kansai YamamotoLocated in San Diego, CARare 1980s vintage KANSAI YAMAMOTO royal blue and green color block novelty ' Riding Team ' embroidered wool swe...Category
1980s Sweaters$1,421 Sale Price25% Off
- Located in San Diego, CAIncredible vintage beaded silk 3/4 sleeve navy blue beaded cardigan! Luxurious navy blue silk with hundreds of h...Category
2010s Cardigans$596 Sale Price20% Off
- By Azzedine AlaïaLocated in San Diego, CASexy vintage 1980s AZZEDINE ALAIA black and nude viscose micro mini sweater dress / tunic! Features the most lux...Category
1980s Mini Dress
- Located in San Diego, CAChic vintage 70s GINA - PETITE MARMITE Palm Beach, FL chocolate brown cotton knit sweater top! Petite Marmite w...Category
- By Lilli DiamondLocated in San Diego, CAChic early 70s LILLI DIAMOND black jersey marabou feather encrusted long sleeve cardigan top ! Features a tailor...Category
You May Also Like
21st Century and Contemporary Caftans
Early 2000s Sweaters
21st Century and Contemporary Sweaters
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery