Items Similar to Salvador Corona Mexican Folk Art Wood Trinket Jewelry Box, C.1940 View More
Salvador Corona Mexican Folk Art Wood Trinket Jewelry Box, C.1940
This charming tabletop wood box is the work of self taught Mexican artist Salvador Corona who stared his career as an artist after suffering a bullfight injury in the early 1900's. He gained a reputation for creating countryside scenes depicting life in Mexico during the late 1800's and often painted on useful objects including furniture and boxes. The endearing images on this piece include men and women of various social classes mixed in a landscape of swans, horses, birds, trees and cottages all in shades of green, blue, red, gray and black on an antique white background with just a touch of metallic silver and gold. It is a nice size for storing jewelry and keepsakes but it is also a wonderful piece of folk art worthy of admiring all on its own. Signed on the inside corner of the lid. CONDITION The box is in good functional condition with signs of age including a loss of the painted decoration most noticeable at the edges and corners. There is an overall aged appearance to the surface inside and out including some dingy and darkened areas. There are remnants of an old adhesive label on the inside lid and pencil marks on the bottom presumably the original price. None of these issues takes away from the charm of the painting. MEASUREMENTS The box measures 9.63" wide x 4.13" tall x 4.38" deep.
- In the Style OfFolk Art
- Place of OriginMexico
- Material NotesA primitive style wood box with folk art painted embellishment.
- Condition DetailsThe box is in good functional condition with signs of age including a loss of the painted decoration most noticeable at the edges and corners. Please see description for details.
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
- DimensionsH 4.13 in. x W 9.63 in. x D 4.38 in.H 10.5 cm x W 24.47 cm x D 11.13 cm
- Seller LocationAtlanta, GA
- Reference NumberLU48739068042
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- Shipping$70Standardto anywhere in the world, arrives in 8-10 days.Delivered by a parcel delivery service such as UPS, FedEx, or DHL.Shipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item can be returned within 1 day of delivery.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
5 / 5
1stdibs seller since 2016
Typical response time: 1 hour
Located in Atlanta, GA
More From This Seller
$75 Sale Price
Vintage Art Deco Small Lacquered Wood Box With ...
Early 20th Century
Limoges Vintage Hand Painted Porcelain Peanut T...
Volupte Mirrored Midnight Blue Compact, 1940's
You May Also Like
Nancy Gonzalez Burgundy Crocodile Jewelry box
West Palm Beach, FL
Nancy Gonzalez, Nancy Gonzalez
21st Century and Contemporary
Vintage Gucci Black Leather Jewelry Case Trinke...
Port Saint Lucie, FL
1920s MARIO Buccellati Italian Silver and Cryst...
Beverly Hills, CA
Mario Buccellati, Mario Buccellati
1844s Victorian Sevres Porcelain and Bronze Fre...
Beverly Hills, CA
Manufacture Nationale de Sèvres
$75 Sale Price
Christian Dior Trinket Jewellery Box
Christian Dior, Unknown
Limoges Hand Painted Butterfly Porcelain Trinke...
Los Angeles, CA
$715 Sale Price
Vintage Stamped Crocodile Like Leather Large Tr...
North Miami, FL