This sweet figural handbag is shaped like a folding hand fan. It's done in a fine, black suede on a frame of gold plated brass. A zippered opening allows access to the bag, and the satin lined interior has one little slip pocket. Anne-Marie had a shop within the famous Hotel Meurice in Paris where she sold gloves, bags, perfume and "frivolities". She is best known for the wonderfully detailed, surrealist figural handbags that she designed and sold in the post-WWII era. These days, her handbags are very delicate and are better suited for display than for carrying. approximate measurements: 13" wide x 2.5" deep x 10.38" high, 15.13" high to top of handle Please contact us if you have any questions.
- In the Style OfSurrealist
- Place of originFrance
- ConditionGood. the suede crocks (sheds or rubs off color) so it is really not good for carrying, light overall wear, light fade to the black color, oxidation to the frame, a few stitches that secure the bag to the frame have loosened, some bends to fan folds.
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
H 15.13 in. x W 13 in. x D 2.5 in.
H 38.44 cm x W 33.02 cm x D 6.35 cm
- Seller locationChicago, IL
- Reference numberLU623714403
About the Seller
1stdibs seller since 2009
Typical response time: 8 hrs
Located in Chicago, IL
You may also contact the seller by phone
Why Shop on 1stdibs?
Only Vetted, Professional Sellers
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Fully Insured Global Deliveries
More From This Seller
You May Also Like