Items Similar to 18th Century Indian "Bidriware” Metal Hookah Base
- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
1 of 8
18th Century Indian "Bidriware” Metal Hookah Base
This 18th century Indian ”Bidri Ware” hookah base is beautifully intricate. Makes a statement on its own or modernize it and use as a candleholder. Bidri is a metal working technique unique to India, which involves inlaying fine geometric and floral patterns in silver, brass, or gold into artifacts made of a high-zinc alloy. It is thought to have originated in the Deccani city of Bidar. Mughal, circa 1750. Measures: 7” height, 7” diameter.
- DimensionsHeight: 7 in. (17.78 cm)Diameter: 7 in. (17.78 cm)
- Materials and Techniques
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacturecirca 1750
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use.
- Seller LocationMiddleburg, VA
- Reference NumberSeller: 50031stDibs: LU872622531212
Shipping & Returns
- Shipping$110 Standard Shippingto anywhere in the world, arrives in 3-5 weeks. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Delivered by a parcel delivery service such as UPS, FedEx, or DHL.Ships From: Middleburg, VA
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About the Seller
Located in Middleburg, VA
4.8 / 5
These experienced sellers undergo a comprehensive evaluation by our team of in-house experts.
Established in 1986
1stDibs seller since 2009
52 sales on 1stDibs
Typical response time: 2 hours
More From This Seller
- Located in Middleburg, VAThis beautiful late 19th century Chinese reverse painted glass snuff bottle is an incredible example of the intr...Category
Antique 19th Century Chinese Chinese Export More Asian Art, Objects and ...Materials
- Located in Middleburg, VAFinely executed 18th century Indian Court painting. Gouache heightened with gold on paper. Krishna with Radha an...Category
Antique Mid-18th Century Indian PaintingsMaterials
- Located in Middleburg, VAThis beautiful 18th century "marriage" dowry box is an exquisite example of Indian craftsmanship. Made of teak w...Category
Antique Late 18th Century Indian Decorative BoxesMaterials
- Located in Middleburg, VAMid-18th century Persian blunderbuss with intricate silver inlay. Made during the Ottoman Empire, circa 1750. Me...Category
Antique 18th Century Asian Arms, Armor and WeaponsMaterials
- Located in Middleburg, VARare early 18th century French provincial “Regence” period walnut enfilade. Two drawers over two carved and mold...Category
Antique Early 18th Century French Regency BuffetsMaterials
Walnut$5,500 Sale Price71% Off
- Located in Middleburg, VAThis 18th century William and Mary Bureau bookcase is outstanding. With its rich color and original condition, i...Category
Antique Early 18th Century English William and Mary BookcasesMaterials
You May Also Like
19th Century Indian Bidri Metal Hookah Base
Located in London, GB
This fascinating piece dates from the 19th century in India, where it was used as a water base for a hookah, or shisha pipe. In traditional hookah smoking, the base of the pipe is no...
Antique 19th Century Indian Metalwork
Indian Glass Hookah Base
Located in Austin, TX
A finely crafted hookah base of thin, handblown glass. Elegant bell shape with a slightly everted neck. Etched floral and geometric motifs decorate the sides and top, further highlig...
Antique 19th Century Indian More Asian Art, Objects and Furniture
19th Century Tibetan Bronze Lotus Censer
Located in Cookeville, TN
Offering this unique bronze Tibetan censer from the 19th century. Starting on a square base with foliate designs that go around in a center band. It rises to a figure that is kneelin...
Antique 19th Century Tibetan Tibetan Metalwork
Patinated Metal Vintage Peacock Figurine, India
Located in North Hollywood, CA
Patinated vintage standing peacock figurine sculpture. Rajasthan handmade peacock bird decorative figure. Metal silver patinated handmade in India from wax mold and hand chased wit...
Mid-20th Century Indian Islamic More Asian Art, Objects and Furniture
Pair of Japanese Bronze Vase with Metal Inlays by Mitsufune
Located in Atlanta, GA
A pair of elegant vases of solid oiled bronze from the Meiji era, Japan (1868-1912). In a Classic Meiping shape, the pair has a mirrored inlay with gold, silver and red enamel that d...
Antique Late 19th Century Japanese Japonisme Metalwork
Japanese Signed Bronze, late 19th/early 20th Century Vase
Located in Miami, FL
Very unusual and interesting Japanese Meiji bronze vase. Japan vase, signed piece.
Antique Late 19th Century Japanese Meiji Metalwork
$2,000 Sale Price
Tibetan Bronze and Brass Temple Meditation Bells on Wood Stand, 19th Century
Located in Cookeville, TN
Offering these gorgeous bronze and brass meditation bells on wood stand from the late 19th Century. Starting on a handcrafted wood base that is very geometric. The curved arms holdin...
Antique 19th Century Tibetan Tibetan More Asian Art, Objects and Furniture
Mid-20th Century Chinese Cloisonné Vase
Located in CILAVEGNA, IT
A very fine quality Chinese cloisonné bottle vase from the mid-20th century. Cloisonné, in the decorative arts, which consists of soldering to a metal surface delicate metal strips b...
Mid-20th Century Chinese Ming Metalwork
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery