Items Similar to Qing Dynasty Chinese Lacquer and Mother-of-Pearl Small Table, 18th-19th Century View More
Qing Dynasty Chinese Lacquer and Mother-of-Pearl Small Table, 18th-19th Century
A stunning mid-Qing dynasty Chinese lacquer and mother-of-pearl inlaid small table, originally used as a scholar's display stand or incense table. The top of the table inlaid with mother-of-pearl to depict a landscape scene of scholars in an ornate garden shaded by a large willow tree and blossoming peony, and a small meandering stream. The figures engaged in a lively revelry, playing music and dancing. The high waist with large cloud or ruyi shaped cut-outs. The shaped apron featuring medallions of floral sprays against a scrolling foliate ground, all inlaid with mother-of-pearl. The table covered in a dark brown, nearly black lacquer, and inlaid with hundreds of small chips of cut mother-of-pearl. The mother-of-pearl, mellowed with age, still with flashes of iridescence.
- Of the Period
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacturecirca 1800
- Materials and Techniques
- Condition DetailsThe lacquer with attractive craquelure. Minor loss to the inlay and minor chipping to the lacquer, as seen in photos. Glue repair one leg joint.
- WearWear consistent with age and use. Minor losses. Minor structural damages.
- DimensionsH 10 in. x W 19.5 in. x D 12 in.H 25.4 cm x W 49.53 cm x D 30.48 cm
- Seller LocationAustin, TX
- Reference NumberLU894711101911
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexityShipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item can be returned within 7 days of delivery.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
5 / 5
1stdibs seller since 2010
Located in Austin, TX
More From This Seller
Chinese Qing Dynasty Haunghuali Table Form Disp...
Antique Early 19th Century Chinese Qing Scholar's Objects
A truly gorgeous Chinese huanghuali wood display stand in the form of a table. The single plank top with edge molding featuring an attractive grain and rich luster. A narrow waist ...
Chinese 19th Century Qing Dynasty Bronze Crane ...
Antique Late 19th Century Chinese Qing Scholar's Objects
An unusual Chinese bronze censer in the form of a crane, Qing dynasty, late 19th century. The noble bird is portrayed with a strong sense of motion - standing in a walking stance u...
Chinese Qing Dynasty Porcelain Spotted Deer Bru...
Antique Mid-19th Century Chinese Qing Scholar's Objects
A charming and elegant Chinese brush washer in the form of a recumbent spotted deer, Qing dynasty, circa 1850. The graceful animal modeled with legs folded under its body, head tur...
Pair of Qing Dynasty Chinese Rosewood Rectangul...
Antique 19th Century Chinese Qing Side Tables
An elegant and attractive pair of Chinese hongmu (rosewood) side tables. The attractively grained centre panels site above a narrow waist and apron decorated with a stylized ruyi pat...