Items Similar to 17th Century, Portuguese Tile Pattern View More
17th Century, Portuguese Tile Pattern
Azulejos polychrome mural composed by 36 tiles in a 6 by 6 module. Portugal set the taste for monumental ceramic tile applications in churches and palaces, covering entire walls and sometimes even ceilings. Before the 18th century golden age of Portuguese tiles it was very expensive to order only major compositions, suitable for each space. Repeating tiles where choosen as they easly adjusted those spaces.
- Of the Period
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacturecirca 1640
- Materials and TechniquesGlazedTerracotta
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
- DimensionsH 34.26 in. x W 34.26 in. x D 0.99 in.H 87 cm x W 87 cm x D 2.5 cm
- Seller LocationLisbon, PT
- Reference NumberLU103842336782
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexity
Some items may require special handling and packaging. Request a shipping quote to see what options are available to your destination.
- Return Policy
This item can be returned within 7 days of delivery.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
No Reviews Yet
1stdibs seller since 2014
Located in Lisbon, PT
More From This Seller
19th Century Portuguese Tile Mural
Antique 1860s Portuguese Other Architectural Elements
A 19th century polychrome mural representing a flower vase over a column in a marbled niche, dated 1865. The manganese urn holds blue and red hydrangeas.
17th Century Diamond Pattern Azulejos
Antique Early 17th Century Portuguese Renaissance Ceramics
Polychromed pattern “diamond tip” of the first half of the 17th century. This pattern termed diamond tip due to its central pyramid motif is one of the finest examples of Mannerist t...
17th Century Portuguese Mural
Antique 18th Century Portuguese Ceramics
17th century Portuguese pattern mural.