Items Similar to American Hanging Apothecary Show Globe with Gilded and Painted Eagle. Circa 1840 View More
American Hanging Apothecary Show Globe with Gilded and Painted Eagle. Circa 1840
American hanging Apothecary show globe with a mounted cast iron painted and gilded eagle. Globe was filled with a colorful green or red liquid to warn a largely illiterate public of a plaque or to signal all was well. Mid-19th century.
- Of the PeriodAmerican Empire
- Place of Origin
- Date of ManufactureCirca 1840
- Materials and Techniques
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
- DimensionsH 37 in. x W 11.5 in. x D 22 in.H 93.98 cm x W 29.21 cm x D 55.88 cm
- Seller LocationCharleston, SC
- Seller Reference Number# 4669
- Reference NumberLU887213099541
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexityShipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
4.6 / 5
1stdibs seller since 2010
Located in Charleston, SC
More From This Seller
American Carved Walnut Perched Eagle. Circa 1840
Antique 19th Century American American Empire Animal Sculptures
American carved walnut perched eagle with spread wings on rocky plinth. Mid 19th Century
American Cast Iron Patriotic Eagle Mount, Circa...
Antique 1840s American American Empire Animal Sculptures
American cast iron patriotic eagle mount with wings extended grasping oak leaves, acorns, and arrows, Mid-19th Century.
American Gilt Carved Wood and Gesso Perched Eag...
Antique 1830s American American Empire Animal Sculptures
Gesso, Gold Leaf, Wood
American gilt carved wood and gesso Eagle with extended wings perched on decorative acanthus floral motif, Early 19th century.
American Gilt Carved Wood and Gesso Spread Wing...
Antique 1820s American American Empire Animal Sculptures
Gesso, Wood, Giltwood
American gilt carved wood and gesso eagle with extended wings grasping gilt rounded bar. Eagle was used for center decoration on drapery rod. Early 19th century.