An absolute stunner. This gorgeous late Victorian mantel really commands a presence with its exquisite attention to detail. Made of solid mahogany, there is an abundance of carved detail executed in a classical style; floriated scroll work, fluted columns with corinthian capitals, and dentiled cornices all carved in beautiful bas-relief. The mirror is in excellent condition and has a beveled edge around its perimeter.
- Of the Period
- Date of manufactureLate 19th Century
- Materials and techniques
- ConditionGood. Condition notes: There is a small compression indentation on the right mantel shelf and a loss on the lower left leg..
- WearWear consistent with age and use. Minor losses.
H 88.25 in. x W 39.25 in. x D 16.25 in.
H 224.16 cm x W 99.7 cm x D 41.28 cm
- Seller locationAurora, OR
- Seller reference number9563
- Reference numberLU161526753113
About the Seller
1stdibs seller since 2015
Typical response time: 16 hrs
Located in Aurora, OR
You may also contact the seller by phone
Why Shop on 1stdibs?
Only Vetted, Professional Sellers
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Fully Insured Global Deliveries
More From This Seller
You May Also Like