Items Similar to Pair of 19th Century Stoneware Lion Fountain Masks View More
Pair of 19th Century Stoneware Lion Fountain Masks
This decorative pair of glazed stoneware lion heads originally graced the facade of a 19th century building, but we have drilled them to operate as fountain masks. Hung above your wall fountain or emptying into a stone trough they add a classical note to any garden. Their true creamy color is seen in the lead photo. Minor chipping to edges of the left-hand lion and more significant shipping to the right-hand lion head is commensurate with age. Priced and sold individually.
- Of the Period
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacturecirca 1890
- Materials and TechniquesStoneware
- WearWear consistent with age and use. Minor losses.
- DimensionsH 12 in. x W 12 in. x D 8 in.H 30.48 cm x W 30.48 cm x D 20.32 cm
- Seller LocationWoodbury, CT
- Seller Reference NumberFOM 1001 a, b
- Reference NumberLU86347669353
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingShipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item can be returned within 7 days of delivery.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
5 / 5
1stdibs seller since 2009
Located in Woodbury, CT
You may also contact the seller by phone
More From This Seller
English 19th Century Carved Grindstone
Antique Early 19th Century Fountains
This lovely carved stone piece date from the early 19th century and has a beautifully weathered surface with some chipping to the edges. Found in Yorkshire, it has a largely blackene...
Magnificent 19th Century French Zinc Fountain with Provenance
$15,000 Sale Price
Magnificent 19th Century French Zinc Fountain w...
Joseph Louie August Claudin
Antique Late 19th Century French Beaux Arts Fountains
This magnificent 19th century zinc fountain was purchased from the NY estate of Helen Finch Foulds, heir to the Finch Pruyn Lumber Company in Glens Falls, NY, and best known for her ...
Pair of English Terracotta Window Surrounds: Instant Herb Garden
$2,400 Sale Price / item
Pair of English Terracotta Window Surrounds: In...
Antique Mid-19th Century British Victorian Architectural Elements
We couldn't resist these elegant 19th century English terracotta window surrounds, not when we are always looking for novel containers to plant our herbs! Perfectly-sized for a city ...
Tall 19th Century Italian Tazza Marble Fountain...
Antique 19th Century Italian Garden Ornaments
This classically elegant tazza form marble fountain in five parts is absolutely stunning. Removed from a posh London conservatory, its lightly honed surface belies its true age, but ...