This 18th century statue of St. Roch was reclaimed from a private chapel near Arles, France. This location is on the route of the famous pilgrimage "Saint-Jacques de Compostelle." The original paint remains with wood showing through in areas. Interestingly enough, the back of the statue is hollow and could have been used for storage or for a hiding place. St. Roch is the patron saint of dogs.
- Place of origin
- Date of manufacture1700-1799
- Materials and techniques
- ConditionGood. Shows markings consistent with history. Please contact us for more information or photos..
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
H 52.5 in. x W 24.5 in. x D 12.5 in.
H 133.35 cm x W 62.23 cm x D 31.75 cm
- Seller locationHouston, TX
- Seller reference number10251-85
- Reference numberU0910278470107
About the Seller
1stdibs seller since 2008
Typical response time: 13 hrs
Located in Houston, TX
You may also contact the seller by phone
Why Shop on 1stdibs?
Only Vetted, Professional Sellers
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Fully Insured Global Deliveries
More From This Seller
You May Also Like