Items Similar to Rare Rockwell Kent for Chase Bacchus Art Deco Copper Cigarette Box
- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
1 of 16
Rare Rockwell Kent for Chase Bacchus Art Deco Copper Cigarette Box
Rockwell Kent (American, 1882-1971) Rare Bacchus Art Deco copper cigarette box for Chase Chrome & Brass company, only offered in 1935 and 1936. Rockwell Kent designed only three items for chase, all with the same young Bacchus motiff, and all are considered rare today. The other two were a "Wine cooler" and "Wine bottle stand". This cigarette box in copper, a hinged rectangular box with wood interior, decorated with a young Bacchus striding nude figure carrying two large bunches of grapes, with two leaping goats in the background and mountains in the distance. Incised "R.K." on front bottom right. Having the Chase USA hallmark on the verso. Condition all original with ware to finish, some scratches to interior. Can be polished for additional cost.
- DimensionsHeight: 1.75 in. (4.45 cm)Width: 9.5 in. (24.13 cm)Depth: 8.5 in. (21.59 cm)
- StyleArt Deco (Of the Period)
- Materials and Techniques
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacture1935
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use. Patina to copper, can be polished for additional money. Scuffs to inside booth.
- Seller LocationSt. Louis, MO
- Reference Number1stDibs: LU820225605352
Shipping & Returns
- Shipping$110 Standard Parcel Shippingto anywhere in the world, arrives in 4-5 weeks. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Delivered by a parcel delivery service such as UPS, FedEx, or DHL.Ships From: St. Louis, MO
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
About the Seller
Located in St. Louis, MO
5 / 5
These expertly vetted sellers are 1stDibs' most experienced sellers and are rated highest by our customers.
Established in 1993
1stDibs seller since 2006
542 sales on 1stDibs
Typical response time: 1 hour
20th Century Specialists
More From This Seller
- Located in St. Louis, MOGlamorous Hollywood Regency vintage casket form jewelry box or treasure chest, signed A. Antinori Roma, covered ...Category
Vintage 1960s Italian Hollywood Regency Jewelry BoxesMaterials
- By J. Antony RedmileLocated in St. Louis, MOUnique footed ostrich egg box by J. Antony Redmile, accented with silver plate trim work, topped with an egg-sha...Category
Vintage 1970s British Hollywood Regency Decorative BoxesMaterials
Malachite, Silver Plate
- By Widdicomb Furniture Co.Located in St. Louis, MOC. G. Kimerly for Widdicomb Lacquered Greek key base and casing with bleached mahogany drawers and brass pulls. ...Category
Vintage 1940s American Art Deco VanitiesMaterials
- By Charles PfisterLocated in St. Louis, MOTwo rare tall skyscraper form Armoires designed by Charles Pfister for Baker, with cabinet doors above three dra...Category
Vintage 1980s American Art Deco Wardrobes and ArmoiresMaterials
You May Also Like
Machine Age Art Deco Albert Reimann Copper Wing Box for Chase Uncatalogued Item
By albert reimann, Chase Brass and Copper Company
Located in Dallas, TX
Machine Age Art Deco Albert Reimann copper wing box for chase rare uncatalogued item Signed Dr. Reimann designs are scarce for Chase, as well as for his own studio in Germany. N...
Vintage 1930s American Art Deco Decorative Boxes
French Art Deco Suitcase Cigarette Box, 1930s
Located in Saint-Amans-des-Cots, FR
French Art Deco cigarette box, France, late 1930s. Suitcase. Rosewood and chrome metal. Measures: For 33 cigarettes up to 7.2cm each. Measures: Height 5.1"(13cm), width 7.5"(19cm), d...
Vintage 1930s French Art Deco Cigar Boxes and Humidors
Art Deco 1939 Rockwell Kent "Flame" Original Block Print Calendar
By Rockwell Kent
Located in Dallas, TX
Art Deco 1939 Rockwell Kent "Flame" original block print calendar One of Kent's most compelling wood-cut images. Likely two page excerpt from "1939 American Block Print Calendar ...
Vintage 1930s American Art Deco More Desk Accessories
Rena Rosenthal Art Deco Engraved Brass Jewelry Cigarette Box
By Rena Rosenthal, Braun
Located in New York, NY
Gorgeous Art Deco engraved and polished brass jewelry box with wood lining. Handcrafted and signed by Austrian studio metalsmith J. Braun, with hammer logo. Stamped Rena, retailed ...
Early 20th Century Austrian Art Deco Jewelry Boxes
Art Deco enamel cigarette box by Lacloche Frères, 1929
By Lacloche Freres
Located in London, GB
A two-colour gold, silver and enamel cigarette box by Lacloche Frères, with an inlaid polo scene to the lid. The sides embellished with yellow gold bands, bearing French gold and si...
Early 20th Century French Art Deco Tobacco Accessories
Enamel, Gold, Sterling Silver
Chase Art Deco Hammered Silvered Copper Vase
By Chase and Co., Chase Brass and Copper Company
Located in Atlanta, GA
Very elegant Art Deco silvered copper vase by Chase and Co. in The USA. A hammered textured pattern in very heavy quality, and nice geometric design. Marked on side of the collar, Ch...
Vintage 1930s American Art Deco Vases
Antique Solid Silver Cigar Box / Cigarette Box 1902 Chased with Crest
By Heath & Middleton
Located in London, GB
A magnificent Antique sterling Silver Cigar / Cigarette Box featuring an ornate chased design around the sides of the box and a large engraved crest in the centre. The interior base ...
Early 20th Century English Cigar Boxes and Humidors
Wilhelm Kåge for Gustavsberg, Rare Argenta Art Deco Lidded Box
Located in Copenhagen, Denmark
Wilhelm Kåge for Gustavsberg. Rare Argenta Art Deco lidded box in glazed ceramics decorated with a naked woman in silver inlay. Sweden, 1940s. Measures: 15 x 10 x 5.5 cm. In excel...
Vintage 1940s Swedish Art Deco Decorative Boxes