Items Similar to Pair of 19th Century Bronze Synagogue Menorahs View More
Pair of 19th Century Bronze Synagogue Menorahs
Pair of 19th century bronze seven-light Synagogue Menorahs. The menorah is of the oldest symbols of Juaism. The Kohanim, the hight priests, would light the menorah with olive oil in the temple every evening. The Menorah appears in the coat of arms of the State of Modern Israel, it symbolizes the creation in seven days, with the center light representing the Sabbath. It is also said that it symbolizes the "burning bush."
- Of the Period
- Place of OriginPoland
- Date of Manufacturecirca 1850
- Materials and Techniques
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
- DimensionsH 19.75 in. x W 19.75 in. x D 6.75 in.H 50.17 cm x W 50.17 cm x D 17.15 cm
- Seller LocationChicago, IL
- Sold AsSet of 2
- Reference Number1402249227103
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexityShipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
No Reviews Yet
1stdibs seller since 2011
Located in Chicago, IL
You may also contact the seller by phoneCall seller through 1stdibs
More From This Seller
19th Century Polish Bronze Hanukiah "Menorah"
Antique Mid-19th Century Polish Renaissance Religious Items
19th century polish bronze nine-branch hanukiah "Menorah," Star of David at the crown, supported on three dolphin feet. A hanukiah is a menorah that was designed to be used for Hanuk...
Pair of 19th Century Monumental French Bronze E...
Antique Late 19th Century French Neoclassical Torchères
Pair of palatial bronze candelabra table lamps, elaborately detailed candle bobache with leaf detail surrounded by an additional four candle holders, supported on an intricately deta...
19th Century Bronze Tabernacle End Table
Antique 1850s French Louis XIV Religious Items
French bronze and iron tabernacle safe with key, converted to end table. IHS monogram symbol for "Jesus." The interior with original fabric curtain Raised on four Louis XIV style sq...
19th Century Religious Silk Vestment
Antique Early 19th Century European Gothic Revival Religious Items
19th century gold silk vestment, religious garment which would of been blessed by the church. Trailing ecclesiastical silk and gold thread embroidery with Australian wild flower moti...