Handsome Antique Clock has Roman numerals and marked minutes with detailed hands on porcelain face. Glass-encasement is made of brass and beveled covered glass. Body of clock is sculpted with marble and slate. Watch works wind-up with key. The Japy Brothers Company began in 1771 by Georges Frederick Japy. He made other things such as chains, locks, cooking utensils, and petrol engines.
Place of Origin
Date of Manufacture
Marble, slate, porcelain, iron and brass watch works with wind-up key.
Very good general condition. There are a couple of older small chips in front of clock. Aged patina.
Number of Items
More from this Dealer
- Decorative African Warthog Tusk on Cast Bronze Base
- Stone Carved Asian Vases with Floral Motif
- Wedgewood Fairyland Lustre Bowl
- Colorful Wedgwood Lustre Bowl with Hummingbirds
- Female Buddhist Bust in Carved Stone
- Chinese Swan Bucket
- Hand-Carved Wood Armadillo
- Russian Hand-Painted Jewelry Boxes
- Pair of Limoges Busts Signed by Gamout Labesse
- Chinese Porcelain Bonsai Trays
- Cast Iron Foo Dog Sculpture
- Pair of Bronze Tribal Busts with Stands