Handsome Antique Clock has Roman numerals and marked minutes with detailed hands on porcelain face. Glass-encasement is made of brass and beveled covered glass. Body of clock is sculpted with marble and slate. Watch works wind-up with key. The Japy Brothers Company began in 1771 by Georges Frederick Japy. He made other things such as chains, locks, cooking utensils, and petrol engines.
Place of Origin
Date of Manufacture
Marble, slate, porcelain, iron and brass watch works with wind-up key.
Very good general condition. There are a couple of older small chips in front of clock. Aged patina.
Number of Items
More from this Dealer
- Decorative African Warthog Tusk on Cast Bronze Base
- Stone Carved Asian Vases with Floral Motif
- Chinese Swan Bucket
- Female Buddhist Bust in Carved Stone
- Wedgewood Fairyland Lustre Bowl
- Colorful Wedgwood Lustre Bowl with Hummingbirds
- Hand-Carved Wood Armadillo
- Russian Hand-Painted Jewelry Boxes
- Papier Mâché Maquette
- Danish Engraved Pewter Candlestick
- Colonial Williamsburg Brass Trumpet Candlesticks
- Pair of Limoges Busts Signed by Gamout Labesse
- Pair of Bronze Tribal Busts with Stands
- Cast Iron Foo Dog Sculpture
- Chinese Porcelain Bonsai Trays