Items Similar to Early 19th Century Danish Neoclassical Longcase Clock
- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
1 of 12
Early 19th Century Danish Neoclassical Longcase Clock
Early 19th century Danish carved and giltwood neoclassical tall case clock. Original gilding on all hand carved neoclassical ornamentation. Palace provenance, more than likely. Profile of each a man and a woman, most likely nobility or from the Royal house. Works are of English (London) origin as are quite often seen in Danish tall clocks. There was a strong English influence at that period which influenced form. The works also carry a "royal" motif of crown and cupids in the spandrels. Amazing piece.
- DimensionsHeight: 93 in. (236.22 cm)Width: 20 in. (50.8 cm)Depth: 10 in. (25.4 cm)
- StyleNeoclassical (Of the Period)
- Materials and Techniques
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacture1800-1815
- ConditionRepaired: Minor restoration to a few missing carved elements. Wear consistent with age and use. Paint left as is. Works were put into working condition.
- Seller LocationEssex, MA
- Reference Number1stDibs: LU864519640732
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexity. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Ships From: Essex, MA
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About the Seller
Located in Essex, MA
5 / 5
These experienced sellers undergo a comprehensive evaluation by our team of in-house experts.
Established in 1988
1stDibs seller since 2009
161 sales on 1stDibs
Typical response time: <1 hour
More From This Seller
- Located in Essex, MAEarly 19th century mahogany George III Longcase or Grandfather clock with original rocking ship automaton. Late ...Category
Antique Early 19th Century Scottish George III Grandfather Clocks and Lo...Materials
- Located in Essex, MALarge Johann Sachs Austrian clock in large carved wood housing with figures, flanked by decorative flower filled...Category
Antique Early 19th Century Austrian Neoclassical Mantel ClocksMaterials
- By SèvresLocated in Essex, MAPeriod early 19th century Directoire clock attributed to Sèvres. Beautifully sculpted biscuit porcelain in white...Category
Antique Early 19th Century French Directoire Table Clocks and Desk ClocksMaterials
- Located in Essex, MACarved marble figure of a draped woman and urn as a clock --Moving and rare --Ex Collection at Boscobel, ...Category
Antique 19th Century French Neoclassical ClocksMaterials
- By Thomas ChippendaleLocated in Essex, MALate 19th century mahogany chinoiserie tall case clock after Thomas Chippendale. Made around circa 1890-1900 in ...Category
Antique Late 19th Century English Chinese Chippendale Grandfather Clocks...Materials
- Located in Essex, MAPeriod early 19th century Italian parcel-gilt console table with grey marble top and original giltwood carvings....Category
Antique Early 19th Century Italian Neoclassical Console TablesMaterials
You May Also Like
18th Century Danish Longcase Clock
Located in Hudson, NY
A Danish white painted and gilt decorated longcase clock, brass dial, openwork corner ornaments, chapter ring of pewter, late 18th century. Measures: H 215 cm.
Antique 18th Century and Earlier Danish Neoclassical Clocks
Early 19th Century Painted Swedish Mora Longcase Clock
Located in Debenham, Suffolk
Beautiful carved Mora clock, circa 1830. We have been fortunate enough to deal in a number of these clocks and this is one of the finest we have found. Beautifully carved scrollin...
Antique Mid-19th Century Swedish Gustavian Grandfather Clocks and Longca...
19th Century Swedish Longcase Clock
Located in Hamburg, Hamburg
This beautiful Swedish 19th century longcase clock features very clean, straight and simple lines. The decorations are exquisite yet subtle. The face shows traditional numerals and r...
Antique 19th Century Swedish Grandfather Clocks and Longcase Clocks
Early 19th Century Mahogany Longcase Clock by Alexander Ralston
Located in Peterborough, Northamptonshire
An early 19th century mahogany longcase clock by Alexander Ralston. The eight-day bell striking movement with anchor escapement, the 14 inch painted circular Roman numeral dial carve...
Antique 1820s English Grandfather Clocks and Longcase Clocks
Early 19th Century Mobier Longcase Clock, circa 1830-1850
Located in San Francisco, CA
French provincial pine Horloge, or long case clock, possibly Morbier clock works. Porcelain and enamel face by "Leaon Picardat au Riceys" with brass hands and elaborate pressed brass...
Antique Early 19th Century French French Provincial Grandfather Clocks a...
$1,250 Sale Price
Late 19th Century Musical Longcase Clock
Located in Brighton, Sussex
A good quality Edwardian period mahogany longcase clock with a Westminster and Whittington chime on the hour. Having an arched brass dial face, a swan neck pediment to the hood with ...
Antique Late 19th Century English Grandfather Clocks and Longcase Clocks
19th Century French Boulle Longcase Clock
By André-Charles Boulle
Located in Brighton, Sussex
A very good quality late 19th Century French boulle inlaid longcase clock, having wonderful scrolling gilded ormolu mounts, an ebonised case with tortoiseshell brass inlaid panels, T...
Antique Late 19th Century French Louis XVI Grandfather Clocks and Longca...
19th Century Tall French Painted Longcase Clock
Located in Atlanta, GA
19th century tall French painted longcase clock.
Antique 19th Century French Grandfather Clocks and Longcase Clocks
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery
More Ways To Browse
19th Century Danish
Early 19th Neoclassical
19th Century Carved Neoclassical
Brass Carved Clock
Early 19th Brass Clock
Swedish Gustavian Grandfather Clock
Antique Swedish Clocks
Antique Wood Clock
Gustavian Painted Clock Sweden
19c English Clock