A seven foot tall Regency period clock with a finely detailed mahogany case and paint decorated face. The mahogany case includes solids as well as crotch and flame veneers, with wide grained bandings. The complex elements of its face paint decoration, including berries and pheasants, are characteristic of the artistry of the Finnemore's of Birmingham (1812-1852). Barely legible remains of paper labels suggest Bristol as an origin.
- Of the Period
- Place of origin
- Date of manufacturecirca 1815
- Materials and techniques
- ConditionGood. Restored, re-polished case. Delivered in expected working condition..
- WearWear consistent with age and use. Minor losses. Minor structural damages.
H 84 in. x W 22.5 in. x D 10.5 in.
H 213.36 cm x W 57.15 cm x D 26.67 cm
- Seller locationWoodbury, CT
- Seller reference number1710 LEEE CPY
- Reference numberLU86673611172
About the Seller
1stdibs seller since 2009
Typical response time: 1 hr
Located in Woodbury, CT
You may also contact the seller by phone
Why Shop on 1stdibs?
Only Vetted, Professional Sellers
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Fully Insured Global Deliveries
More From This Seller
You May Also Like