Items Similar to Large Patinated Steel Wall Clock with Artist's Hand Etched Numerals
- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
1 of 5
Large Patinated Steel Wall Clock with Artist's Hand Etched Numerals
This impressive wall clock is made from steel which is cut and then spot heated with a blowtorch and painted with different black oxides to evoke a warm, vibrating depth to a commonly cold material. The thin gauge steel is then laminated to a walnut-ply core. The numerals are hand-etched by the artist .The high-torque clock motor runs on a single AA battery and adjusts automatically to daylight savings time in the US. This is a bespoke piece so custom dimensions, materials, colors and finishes (both interior and exterior) can be accommodated. Please inquire for pricing. All Stefan Rurak studio pieces are designed and handcrafted in Brooklyn, New York.
Customization OptionsWalnut\nSteel\nAsh\nOak\nPainted\nCustom Colored Hands\nCustom Diameters
- CreatorStefan Rurak (Workshop/Studio)
- DimensionsHeight: 1 in (2.54 cm)Diameter: 36 in (91.44 cm)
- StyleMinimalist (In the Style Of)
- Materials and Techniques
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacture2018
- Production TypeNew & Custom(One of a Kind)
- Estimated Production TimeAvailable Now
- ConditionMade to order.
- Seller LocationBiddeford, ME
- Reference Number1stDibs: LU2155310715731
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingShips From: Biddeford, ME
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About the Maker
Stefan Rurak Studio
Stefan Rurak Studio's furniture defies conventional boundaries. Founded by the artist Stefan Rurak, his is a Brooklyn-based atelier that merges modern conceptual design with time-honored craftsmanship. The results are evocative, one-of-a-kind, furniture and accessories that are built to span generations. The Studio specializes in bespoke services for private clients. By collaborating with the distinctive and profound properties of materials such as concrete, steel and wood, Stefan Rurak Studio is able to craft furniture that transcends utilitarian ends, and becomes art.
About the Seller
Located in Biddeford, ME
These experienced sellers undergo a comprehensive evaluation by our team of in-house experts.
Established in 2009
1stDibs seller since 2016
27 sales on 1stDibs
Typical response time: 6 hours
More From This Seller
- Large Charred Cedar Wood "Water Tower Clock"By Stefan RurakLocated in Biddeford, METhis impressive clock is made from historic decommissioned NYC water tower wood. The piece is torched and then sealed with oil to achieve its beautiful color and texture. The high-to...Category
21st Century and Contemporary American Minimalist Wall ClocksMaterials
Aluminum$1,500 Sale Price50% Off
- "Drawn Rusted Cube" Minimal, Rust Patina, Steel, Artists Hand Etched ShapesBy Stefan RurakLocated in Biddeford, MEMinimal steel side table with Stefan Rurak Studio's unique rust patina treatment. The steel is finished with lacquer making for a safe useable surface. The rust will not rub off. Ste...Category
2010s American Minimalist End TablesMaterials
Steel$1,250 Sale Price50% Off
- Shou Sugi Ban Charred Grandfather Clock from New York City Water Tower WoodBy Stefan RurakLocated in Biddeford, MEA sleek modern take on the grandfather clock. This piece is made from historic decommissioned NYC water tower wood. The wood is torched in the Shou Sugi Ban method and then sealed wi...Category
21st Century and Contemporary American Modern Grandfather Clocks and Lon...Materials
- Fully Adjustable "PULLEY LIGHT" with Hand Bent Patinated Steel Shade and DimmerBy Stefan RurakLocated in Biddeford, METhe pulley light is a truly dynamic piece. The light is easily raised and lowered utilizing pulleys, whose unique arrangement allows for true customization for each space. The shade ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary American Modern Chandeliers and PendantsMaterials
- Patinated Steel, Cast-Concrete and Walnut "S.O. Side Table" with DrawersBy Stefan RurakLocated in Biddeford, METhe "S.O. Side Table" with drawers integrates three elemental materials, concrete, steel and wood. The counter-top and base is made from cast concrete. The piece is fully wrapped and...Category
21st Century and Contemporary American Minimalist Side TablesMaterials
- Patinated or Blackened Steel "Highboy" with Cast-Concrete and Walnut InteriorBy Stefan RurakLocated in Biddeford, METhis "highboy" features 4 deep drawers. The counter-top and base is cast concrete. The piece is wrapped and fully finished with steel that is employed as a veneer. The steel is black...Category
21st Century and Contemporary American Minimalist CabinetsMaterials
Concrete, Steel, Cut Steel
You May Also Like
1910s Large White Enamel Steel Clock Face with Wooden Hands and Roman Numerals
Located in New York, NY
1910s large white enamel steel clock face with wooden hands and black paint Roman numerals. No motor. This can be seen at our 2420 Broadway location on the upper west side in Manhattan.
Vintage 1910s American Industrial Wall Clocks
English Art Deco Wood & Peach Mirror Mantel Clock with Etched Nude & Numerals
Located in Port Hope, ON
This English Art Deco mantel clock features an arch-topped sheet of peach mirror flush mounted to a polished walnut backboard and set into a plinth that is veneered in tiger walnut. ...
Vintage 1930s English Art Deco Mantel Clocks
Bronze clock featuring enameled plaques with Roman numerals
Located in Atlanta, GA
Bronze clock featuring enameled plaques with Roman numerals, signed Deniere a Paris. Denière et Matelin were prominent French bronziers, producers of ornamental patinated and gilt-...
Antique 1880s French Louis XV Mantel Clocks
Black Church Clock Face with Gilt Roman Numerals and Hands-19th Century
Located in South Hamilton, MA
A large antique 19th century original black metal clock face, gilt roman numerals, and gilt hands. Beautiful patina to the dial and hands. For garden or interior use. Very elegantly ...
Antique 19th Century American Decorative Art
Live Edge Slab Roman Numeral Clock
Located in Brooklyn, NY
Unique lacquered wood slab roman numeral clock. This beautiful piece of wood features a rich vibrant grain pattern, roman numeral lettering and ornate gold clock hands. (Please co...
20th Century Mid-Century Modern Wall Clocks
$440 Sale Price
Gilt-Bronze Clock with Enamel Numerals Attributed to Henri Picard
By Henri Picard
Located in London, GB
Gilt-bronze clock with enamel numerals attributed to Henri Picard French, circa 1860 Measures: Height 73cm, width 45cm, depth 23cm The elaborate case of this beautiful mantel cl...
Antique Mid-19th Century French Napoleon III Mantel Clocks
Jaeger LeCoultre, Atmos Clock, Roman Numerals, 1978
Located in Greven, DE
Atmos clock with roman numerals Switzerland Brass gold plated Year of manufacture 1978 Dimensions: H x W x D: 22 x 18 x 13,5 cm Description: Atmos V caliber 526 in gold p...
Vintage 1970s Swiss Mid-Century Modern Table Clocks and Desk Clocks
Large Swiss Black Forest Hand Carved Wall Clock Plaque with Pheasant Sculptures
Located in Lisse, NL
This large Swiss masterpiece wall plaque with clock is in perfect condition. The realistic and detailed carving consists of a pair of pheasant, a bird's nest, fine leafs and branche...
Antique Late 19th Century Swiss Black Forest Wall Clocks
19th Century Large Austrian Metal Industrial Roman Numerals Church Clock Face
Located in Haarlem, NL
Decorative heavy large black metal church clock face with white roman numerals. Very elegantly designed white metal hands to set time to your hand. On the back; part of a, not func...
Antique 19th Century Austrian Wall Clocks
Large Round Dial Wall Clock
By Gents of Leicester
Located in Norwich, GB
Large round dial wall clock by GENT C.1960 Nineteen inch black metal cased wall dial clock with painted dial signed ‘Gent, made in England’. (Originally a slave movement driven by...
Vintage 1960s English Other Wall Clocks
Featured in New York Design Week
Thin Table 2 in Contemporary Blackened Steel with Blue Marble Shelf
By Kin & Company
Located in Brooklyn, NY
The Thin 2 is the embodiment of subtlety with its smooth, bent steel frame and whisper touch to the floor. The hovering shelf adds to the illusion that the piece is in the process of...
21st Century and Contemporary American Modern Benches
Stool #2 in Darkened Stainless Steel and Leather
By Christopher Gentner
Located in Chicago, IL
Stool #2 in darkened stainless steel and leather.
2010s American Minimalist Stools
$4,056 / item
ContemporaryTriangular Stacked Stone Vessel in Marble by Fort Standard, in Stock
By Fort Standard
Located in Brooklyn, NY
This large triangular green and white marble vessel is a part of the debut collection of Stacked Stone Vessels. This collection marks the beginning of a larger series of sculptural o...
2010s American Planters, Cachepots and Jardinières
Shale High Credenza (72") by Simon Johns
By Simon Johns
Located in East-Bolton, Quebec
Both monumental and subtle, the Shale Credenza brings the intricacies of nature’s geology indoors. The wood doors are scored vertically across the grain, and details of a cliff’s fac...
2010s Canadian Post-Modern Credenzas
$10,040 / item
Outdoor Leaf and Charcoal Loveseat
By Stephen Kenn
Located in Los Angeles, CA
Inspired by weekend visits to the stark desert landscapes found a few hours east of Los Angeles, this collection is composed of steel frames that have been zinc primed and powder coa...
2010s American Modern Loveseats
$6,500 / item