A beautiful and powerful small bronze abstract sculpture on black marble base by Francois Kovacs. Numbered 15/35 and signed Francois Kovacs. Kovacs was a Belgian Sculptor and artist, originally from Hungary. Born into a poor family, he began sculpting from the age of 16. He quickly learnt the fundamental elements of sculpture, working with materials such as marble. He later followed drawing and painting lessons at the atelier Tibor Galle in Budapest. In conjunction with his artistic life, he studied medicine. In 1956 he left Hungary, for political reasons and moved to Belgium, his country of adoption. He continued to study at the Ecole des Arts in Bruxelles for three years and travelled regularly to Carrara Italy in order to work with marble. This is a very good example of his work.
- CreatorFrançois I. Kovacs (Sculptor)
- Of the Period
- Place of origin
- Date of manufacture1969
- Materials and techniques
- ConditionExcellent. The sculpture is in very good condition with beautiful natural patination to the bronze. There is a small chip in the centre of the marble base..
- WearWear consistent with age and use. Minor structural damages.
H 10.24 in. x W 5.12 in. x D 5.12 in.
H 26 cm x W 13 cm x D 13 cm
- Seller locationLondon, GB
- Seller reference numberFrancois Kovacs
- Reference numberLU234837390413
About the Seller
1stdibs seller since 2016
Typical response time: 2 hrs
Located in London, GB
You may also contact the seller by phone
Why Shop on 1stdibs?
Only Vetted, Professional Sellers
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Fully Insured Global Deliveries
More From This Seller
You May Also Like