Items Similar to French glazed Ceramic Black Cat View More
French glazed Ceramic Black Cat
A charming seated glazed ceramic black cat with yellow glass eyes and gilt bow around neck. What I find most appealing about this fellow is the rather serious look on his face. French Art Nouveau period. Emile Galle is known for his colorful cats with silly expressions from this time, I prefer this staid black feline. Of course, he may be a she.
- Of the Period
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacture1890
- Materials and TechniquesGlazedCeramic
- Condition DetailsThere is a small loss of glaze on the right foot. Please see photos.
- WearWear consistent with age and use. Minor losses.
- DimensionsH 12 in. x W 8 in. x D 7 in.H 30.48 cm x W 20.32 cm x D 17.78 cm
- Seller LocationStamford, CT
- Reference NumberLU803011920703
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexityShipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item can be returned within 14 days of delivery.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
4.9 / 5
1stdibs seller since 2004
Located in Stamford, CT
More From This Seller
Glazed Ceramic Owl Form Tankard with Pewter Mounts
Antique Late 19th Century German Black Forest Ceramics
An extremely charming stoneware tankard in the form of an owl. With a two toned gray and blue glaze and handsome pewter mounts. The thumb lift depicting a female face within a heart ...
Japanese Modernist Glazed Ceramic Vase
Mid-20th Century Japanese Mid-Century Modern Ceramics
A beautifully conceived, thoroughly modern Japanese ceramic vase with wonderful muted turquoise glaze. The geometric upper portion above a round tapered unglazed base. An unusual and...
Turkish Glazed Ceramic Hexagonal Bottle Vase
Antique Late 19th Century Turkish Moorish Ceramics
A very interesting 19th century late ottoman ceramic bottle-form vase. The unusual six sided body with geometric decorated panels supported by a round base and topped with a trumpet-...
Glazed Ceramic Shell Form Vase Centrepiece
Early 20th Century American Art Deco Centerpieces
Ceramic shell-form planter with exceptional pale green glaze with blue iridescence. The unusual form is sculptural and fun, making for a unique centerpiece, vase, jardinière or plant...