An exceptional and not surprisingly elegant vintage carved African sculpture of an Impala Antelope, circa 1950's. Painted in segments of red, white and black pigment, creates a dramatic look. Permanently mounted on a steel pedestal and then loosely set atop a wood base for greater drama and height. There are signs of wear and tear and breakage consistent with age and use, but this sculpture remains a beautiful work of art.
- Place of origin
- Date of manufacture20th Century
- Materials and techniques
- ConditionGood. There is fading of the pigment consistent with age and cracks again consistent with age and use. One of the horns is missing a small top section and the other is chipped, but the beautiful presence of this piece has not been diminished by this flaws.
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
H 59 in. x W 10 in. x D 14.5 in.
H 149.86 cm x W 25.4 cm x D 36.83 cm
- Seller locationCathedral City, CA
- Seller reference number150393 TPCFS
- Sold AsSet of 2
- Reference numberLU85927599293
About the Seller
1stdibs seller since 2008
Typical response time: 9 hrs
Located in Cathedral City, CA
You may also contact the seller by phone
Why Shop on 1stdibs?
Only Vetted, Professional Sellers
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Fully Insured Global Deliveries
More From This Seller
You May Also Like