Items Similar to 12 Astrological Zodiac Sign Brutalist Bronze Sculptures by Fred Press, 1950's
- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
1 of 12
12 Astrological Zodiac Sign Brutalist Bronze Sculptures by Fred Press, 1950's
Very rare set of 12 Astrological sign cast bronze brutalist sculptures by Fred Press. Each zodiac sign represented, beautiful age and patina. Early in the 1950s, Mr. Press moved to New York City and for the next three decades, as chief designer and executive Vice President of Rubel and Company, revolutionized the giftware industry on New York’s Fifth Avenue. The Museum of Modern Art, NY awarded him a Good Design award for his numerous multi-media products. His paintings have exhibited in many one-man shows and group competitions bringing critical acclaim and prizes leading to his paintings being acquired by private collections as well as at notable institutions such as Boston Museum of Fine Arts, the Worcester Art Museum and others. One of his sculptures won first prize at a competition at the Delgado Museum of Art in New Orleans. In the 1990s, he was commissioned by the United States Navy to create two of the 24 bronze reliefs at the Naval Memorial in Washington, DC, where they are on display.
- CreatorFred Press (Sculptor)
- DimensionsHeight: 7 in. (17.78 cm)Width: 4 in. (10.16 cm)Depth: 7 in. (17.78 cm)
- Sold AsSet of 12
- StyleMid-Century Modern (Of the Period)
- Materials and TechniquesCastBronze
- Place of Origin
- Date of ManufactureUnknown
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use. Dimensions quoted is the average, each piece different.
- Seller LocationBedford Hills, NY
- Reference Number1stDibs: LU970711641693
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexity.Ships From: Bedford Hills, NY
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About the Seller
Located in Bedford Hills, NY
5 / 5
These expertly vetted sellers are highly rated and consistently exceed customer expectations.
Established in 2010
1stDibs seller since 2013
240 sales on 1stDibs
Typical response time: <1 hour
More From This Seller
- By Fred PressLocated in Bedford Hills, NYBeautiful female head sculpture by American artist Fred Press. Matte black cast metal with nice patina.Category
Vintage 1950s American Mid-Century Modern BustsMaterials
MetalH 12.75 in. W 6 in. D 7 in.$950
- Located in Bedford Hills, NYFour horse sculptures designed by Frederic Weinberg, all four signed F.W.Category
Vintage 1950s American Mid-Century Modern SculpturesMaterials
BronzeH 8 in. W 8 in. D 3.5 in.$2,500 / set
- By Bob BennettLocated in Bedford Hills, NYBeautiful highly polished bronze bird perched on a bronze patina rock formation. Titled Birds of Prey. Limited e...Category
Vintage 1980s American Brutalist Abstract SculpturesMaterials
BronzeH 41.25 in. W 8.5 in. D 17 in.$7,500
- Located in Bedford Hills, NYWelded metal circle and semicircle sculpture by American artist Frank Cota, signed.Category
Late 20th Century American Brutalist SculpturesMaterials
MetalH 19.25 in. W 12 in. D 5.5 in.$650
- Located in Bedford Hills, NYBeautifully textured bronze plate sculptures mounted on custom iron stands. Finely crafted and ready to place. P...Category
Late 20th Century Unknown Brutalist SculpturesMaterials
Bronze, SteelH 17.25 in. W 18.75 in. D 6 in.$3,500 / set
- By Kishida KatsujiLocated in Bedford Hills, NYModern Brutalist steel sculpture by Japanese artist Kishida Katsuji, 1993. Born in Tokyo, studied at the School ...Category
Late 20th Century French Brutalist SculpturesMaterials
SteelH 7 in. Dm 6.5 in.$1,700
You May Also Like
"Wild Youth," Art Deco Sculpture by Fred Press
By Fred Press
Located in Philadelphia, PA
This depiction of a youthful figure, perhaps a street urchin from the alleys of New York, with his or her hair blowing wildly, is a rare or unique sculpture by Fred Press. Press was ...
Vintage 1940s American Art Deco Sculptures
Rare Mannerist Nude by Fred Press, circa 1940s
By Fred Press
Located in Philadelphia, PA
Sculpted with finesse and sensitivity, this late Renaissance-influenced male nude figure is probably a unique piece, and is marked with Fred Press' monograph. Press was a kind of Ren...
Vintage 1940s American Sculptures
1950s Brutalist Bronze Tabletop Sculpture by Costikyan 'Signed'
Located in New York, NY
A bronze tabletop sculpture on rectangular base. Signed Costikyan on underside.
Vintage 1950s American Brutalist Abstract Sculptures
Brutalist Signed Bronze Sculpture Dated 1975
Located in Dallas, TX
Signed V. Schudalk, dated 1975. Large organic shaped bronze sculpture. Weighs about 80 lbs.
Mid-20th Century North American Brutalist Abstract Sculptures
1970s Substantial Brutalist Bronze Sculpture, Signed
Located in Miami, FL
1970s Substantial Brutalist Bronze Sculpture, Signed Offered for sale is a substantial and stunning Brutalist sculpture cast in bronze with a powerful sense of movement. The circa 1...
Vintage 1970s Brutalist Abstract Sculptures
Brutalist Style Bronze Sculpture, Signed P. Marshall
Located in Atlanta, GA
A shifting lattice work of gilt painted bronze elements welded together and rising upward from a stone base, signed P. Marshall 73'.
Vintage 1970s North American Brutalist Abstract Sculptures
Brutalist Bronze Sculpture
By Isamu Noguchi
Located in Providence, RI
Brutalist patinated bronze sculpture on wooden base. Unsigned. Probably circa late 1950s, American. We offer free delivery on most of our items within the long Island or greater N...
Mid-20th Century American Brutalist Abstract Sculptures
Large Brutalist and Modernist Bronze Sculpture Signed 1960s
Located in L'Escala, ES
Rare and large Brutalist and modernist bronze sculpture signed, to be determined, manufactured in 1960s. In perfect vintage condition.
Mid-20th Century European Abstract Sculptures
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery