Items Similar to Life-Size Veryl Goodnight Bronze Sculpture-Woman and Orphaned Deer 'Number 1' View More
Life-Size Veryl Goodnight Bronze Sculpture-Woman and Orphaned Deer 'Number 1'
This stunning life-size bronze is by Veryl Goodnight, a renowned American West sculptor. Veryl has dozens of works in museums all over the country, as well as abroad. She was recently inducted into the National Cowgirl Hall of Fame which honors pioneering and courageous women of the American West. One of her best known sculptures is a large Equine sculpture portraying 5 horses jumping over salvaged pieces of the Berlin Wall. It is titled "The Day the Wall Came Down", and it currently stands at The George H.W. Bush Presidential Library in College Station, Texas. A second one, finished in 1998, was given to Germany as a gift from the United States. In October 2000, Veryl was the recipient of the Central Intelligence Agency's "Agency Seal Medallion" in recognition for her vision of freedom for "The Day The Wall Came Down." The sculpture below was made in 1985, and it is the first in a series of only 9 ever produced. The mold no longer exists. "Cares for Her Brothers" is the title of this piece, and it depicts a woman cradling an orphaned deer. The Denver Zoo and Brookgreen Gardens Sculpture Museum have one of these as well. Cares for her brothers (Number 1 of 9).
- CreatorVeryl Goodnight (Sculptor)
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacture1985
- Materials and Techniques
- Condition DetailsGood overall condition. Bronze has been outside for several years, so it has acquired a verdigris finish.
- WearWear consistent with age and use. Minor fading.
- DimensionsH 34.5 in. x W 39.5 in. x D 26.5 in.H 87.63 cm x W 100.33 cm x D 67.31 cm
- Seller LocationDallas, TX
- Seller Reference Number1218-7
- Reference NumberLU906313337832
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexityShipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item can be returned within 2 days of delivery.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
5 / 5
1stdibs seller since 2011
Located in Dallas, TX
You may also contact the seller by phoneCall seller through 1stdibs
More From This Seller
French Bronze Sculpture of Two Dogs, R Varnier ...
Vintage 1920s French Animal Sculptures
This superb French bronze of two shepherds was done for the Salon des Beaux-Arts in 1923 by R. Varnier. Varnier’s ability to sculpt the proper proportions, musculature, and particula...
Rare 18th Century Carved and Gilded Italian Wal...
Antique Late 18th Century Italian Animal Sculptures
This fabulous giltwood walnut eagle is from the late 1700s and originated in Northern Italy. The sculptor who carved this eagle had the ability to represent him in a pose showing hig...
Antique Italian Marble Statue of a Woman, Late ...
Antique Late 19th Century Italian Figurative Sculptures
This beautiful marble statue of a young woman holding a single flower dates to the 19th century and is of the Italian school. She is shown wearing a long, dropped waist dress that is...
Pair of Gilt Bronze and Marble Cassolettes from...
Antique 1860s French Louis XVI Urns
These elegant antique marble French Cassolettes have been adorned with beautifully chased gilt bronze ornamentation. From the pine cone tops to the swans holding swags of flowers tie...