Japanese Iki-ningyo painted life like sculpture of a tattooed man with a fierce demeanor in an animated pose running with a spear. Similar examples are owned by the Osaka Museum of History and the Contemporary Art Museum in Kumamoto. A scholarly article was published by Daruma Magazine summer issue 2008.
- Of the Period
- Place of origin
- Date of manufacturecirca 1890-1900
- Materials and techniques
- ConditionGood. The spear is a later replacement.
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
H 23.5 in. x W 23 in. x D 8 in.
H 59.69 cm x W 58.42 cm x D 20.32 cm
- Seller locationNorwalk, CT
- Seller reference number6913
- Reference numberLU85232491502
Shipping, Returns & Payment
About the Seller
1stdibs seller since 2008
Typical response time: 24 hrs
Located in Norwalk, CT
The Art and Antique Dealers League of America
Antiques Associations Members
Why Shop on 1stdibs?
Only Vetted, Professional Sellers
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Fully Insured Global Deliveries
More From This Seller
You May Also Like