Mende Helmut Mask
An early 20th century example. The masks of the Sande society were used exclusively in masquerade performances by the women of the tribe. The Mende tribe is located in Sierra Leone.
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacture1900s
- Materials and Techniques
- Condition DetailsWear on the wood ,see photo's for details
- WearWear consistent with age and use. Minor losses.
- DimensionsH 21.00 in. x W 7.50 in. x D 7.50 in.H 53.34 cm x W 19.05 cm x D 19.05 cm
- Seller LocationWest Palm Beach, FL
- Reference NumberLU843216867752
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- Shipping$110Standardto anywhere in the world, arrives in 3-5 weeks.Delivered by a parcel delivery service such as UPS, FedEx, or DHL.Shipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
4.5 / 5
Associations: 20th Century Specialists
1stdibs seller since 2008
Typical response time: 1 hour
Located in West Palm Beach, FL
More From This Seller
Brazilian Silver and Amethyst Bird Sculpture
Vintage 1970s Brazilian
Large Earthenware Sculpture in the Style of Geo...
Vintage 1950s French
You May Also Like
Mende Bundu Helmet Mask, Sierra Leone
Mid-20th Century Sierra Leonean Tribal
By Accolay Pottery
Mid-20th Century French Modern